Method Community

Inventory Group Item not populating

Last post 03-03-2018 9:24 AM by Maureen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2011 9:39 PM

Inventory Group Item not populating

Hi All,

After much after-thought and re-consideration, I've recently rejoined Method and am excited to come back to the community. That being said, I think I may have found a bug.

I have an Inventory Group item that is enabled to print the list of items. However, when I select the parent group item in the invoice screen it does not auto-populate the invoice lines with its child items. If I save the invoice and then return to it afterwards, then the child items are listed. Usually, I need to make these changes before the fact, rather than after. This is very frustrating to say the least.

Is this a bug? I can't function my business without this feature working properly and it would be a serious deal-breaker if it couldn't.

Thanks,

Jacques

• 01-18-2011 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: Inventory Group Item not populating

Answer

Hi Jacques,

Your question comes at a timely moment, as our hard-working developers are currently working on releasing a few updates under the Method hood, one of them being this particular functionality. Once the new version of Method is published within the next few days, this feature will be available in the estimates, and in the coming weeks, in the invoices.

I will update this forum post once the update has been released. Beer

Cheers,
    Denis

• 01-18-2011 8:56 AM In reply to

Fantastic news!

Thanks for the update. Beer

Jacques

• 01-25-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

Hi  Jacques,

What you are looking for has now been implemented on the Estimate screen and should be added to the Invoice screen in the near future. :)

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 04-18-2014 5:19 AM In reply to

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

I have a situation where group items are needed. I've been able to get them to show on the screen, calculate, print etc.,

The problem I'm having is when I need to update the description of the group item itself. Items within the group are not a problem.

When I update the description of a group item on the estimate screen in Method and save the estimate. Everything is fine until method syncs with QuickBooks. Then it updates the group item description with the original description from QuickBooks.

If I go into QuickBooks and update the group item description of the same transaction, no problem...everything is saved and shows up in method like it should.

Somewhere along the line I gathered this may be a limitation of the QuickBooks SDK or Method sync engine. Can someone confirm this?

If indeed this is the case, has anyone found a successful workaround?

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 04-18-2014 4:58 PM In reply to

Hi Mahlon,

Sorry for the late reply. This is indeed an SDK limitation.  You can read about it here: Group Items SDK Limitation.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-03-2018 9:24 AM In reply to

Hi Michael,

Can you tell me why this was not also updated for Work Orders?  I have been told by support that I would have to pay for customization in order for the child items from a group to populate the job items grid on my Work Order screen the same way they populate on the Estimate and Invoice screens when the Update Button is clicked.  I understand it does populate on the invoice when the work order is used to create the invoice, but my techs need to be able to adjust quantities of the child items within the group when they fill out the work order.  

Thank You

Maureen

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)