Method Community

Grid Behavior

Last post 03-01-2011 5:07 PM by jnoneiliv1. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2011 8:40 AM

Grid Behavior

I've noticed a strange grid behavior as of late.  When I save a record (save button) and a grid with a select link refreshes, the grid formating changes.  The column with the select link expands and takes up the majority of the grid.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm typically using firefox as a browser.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 02-21-2011 8:59 AM In reply to

Re: Grid Behavior

LaCrews,

I have seen the default grids on most of columns size change.  If i go into field services, estimates,  the item column is so small but then when you try to enter data in it it expands out after i choose a item. I am using firefox as well. As far as font changes or font size, it has never changed for me.  I have made custom grids with added columns in them with no font changes.

John M

• 02-21-2011 3:38 PM In reply to

Mark,

Can you replicate this issue on demand? Is there a particular screen it is happening on more than others? I’ll keep my eye out for it...I use FF a lot.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-01-2011 5:07 PM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

I am getting some strange grid sizing behaviour as well, but it occurs in Firefox and IE.

Often the first column of the grid will display very large, squishing everything else out to the right.  It gets fairly predictable and will happen in both Firfox and IE.  I've tried to make sure ALL of my columns are set for a reasonable % width value to avoid confusion and things smooth out once there is some content in most of the cells.

Firefox is making huge changes to the browser and new updates are coming out frequently, with a major release in the works.  I'm on the bleeding edge on some of my machines, so I'm not sure which version I'm running.

Having struggled through browser display issues even using very simple W3C compliant html code and very clean CSS stylesheets, I usually chock these quirks (not to be confused with quirks mode in IE) up to browser bugs.  They are much better today with floats and the box model, but still can be a nightmare to debug, particular for cross browser support.

I'll see if I can characterize something.

Cheers,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)