Method Community

Entires in method not seen in quickbooks file

Last post 12-24-2009 2:42 PM by Method_Valbon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2009 11:06 AM

Entires in method not seen in quickbooks file

quickbooks pro 2006
    changes made in check register of account, change of check date and number, on method not being seen in quickbooks
    full synchronization in method shows:
    2/10/2009 12:04:59 PM 'TimeTracking'Failed: response=Insufficient permission level to perform this action.
    2/10/2009 12:03:46 PM Connected 209.155.73.242:1840

Help would be wonderful.

Pat

• 02-10-2009 4:33 PM In reply to

Re: Entires in method not seen in quickbooks file

Hi Pat,

Are you entering new checks in Method or modifying existing checks? The message from the Integration Engine looks like it’s related to Time Tracking; does the user logged into QuickBooks have sufficient permission to enter time tracking entries?

Valbon,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 12-23-2009 11:55 AM In reply to

We're getting the same message re: 'TimeTracking'Failed. The QB login that the Method Engine uses has administrator privileges, but it is not The Administrator account (nor will it ever be -- otherwise, we'd have to terminate Method everytime we wanted to do any Administrator tasks).

So, I understand why I'm getting the error - is there some way to turn it off, or to remove TimeTracking access from Method?

Lee

• 12-23-2009 4:05 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lee,

It sounds like the QB login does not have the sufficient permissions. It is recommended but not required you use the QB admin. Regardless of the user selected you would never have to terminate Method because Method is not actually tapping into the use of the license. The admin could be logged into Method and QB simultaneously.

Try reassigning the user to the admin in the QB integrated applications settings and see if that helps.

Hope this helps,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-23-2009 4:28 PM In reply to

Method_Valbon:

... Regardless of the user selected you would never have to terminate Method because Method is not actually tapping into the use of the license. The admin could be logged into Method and QB simultaneously.

Not sure I follow how that's possible, since the Method Engine tells me to be sure to have QB open and be logged into the account. Are you saying that once the Engine is connected, I can close that QB instance (close, or log off) and log on elsewhere using the same QB account? I tried it, and got an error message from Method: "Warning: Quickbooks is not open to a company file."

Related to that: When I (as QB Administrator) gave Method permission to access the QB database, I gave it permission to access the database even when QB wasn't open. Does that actually work, and if so, how do I tell Method what the QB account password is?

Lee

• 12-24-2009 2:42 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lee,

The Method Engine will recommend the QB file be open to ensure real time syncing. You can close or log off from QB at any time but changes or updates will not be sent to QB until the next time a connection with the engine is established. Changes and updates will happen automatically at that point.

The prompt from QB for permissions is a generic prompt for all Integrated Applications and Method does not use the option to access the info while QB is offline. This does not apply.

These are generally areas that are covered during the Initial Setup Service call scheduled with your Business Systems Consultant. Did you complete this call? Please contact your consultant if you have not.

Hope this helps,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)