Method Community

Quickbooks print preview

Last post 02-14-2009 1:49 PM by Method_Paul. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2009 1:37 PM

Quickbooks print preview

Hi all just started using this great program today, but I think I need a bit of help. In the customer portal in the recent transactions screen when you click on print preview it shows the invoice but there is no data in it. However if you go to unpaid invoices you can print them from there and all data is populated, without a problem.

Any advice is more then welcome. 

• 02-12-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks print preview

We looked into this and made a minor tweak. You should now be able to use the Print Preview link for invoices on the customer portal.

Thank you!

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 02-12-2009 5:11 PM In reply to

Just checked it out there and although it does bring up a pdf invoice with my logo and address but everything else in the invoice is blank.

• 02-13-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

Sounds like you’ve been customizing! Smile Did you customize the original screen or are you using one that you’ve copied first? I’ve tested this on our end and it seems to be working. Can you give us some more info on what screens or reports you’ve changed and the steps you took?

We'll get to the bottom of this.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 02-14-2009 8:44 AM In reply to

Hi no customizing on this screen all left as default. It is in the recent transactions screen. The print preview on all recent transactions opens a new window using the simple invoice report all the values for the report are in it but there is no customer information. Beside that there is a tab called unpaid invoices and there is a print preview there also which works perfect.

I am going to email you a link and a username so you can log in as a customer and see for yourself. I found the system to be quite slow at times is that normal, I was deming to a customer yesterday as well, whom also commited to me that it was a good system but very slow.

• 02-14-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

Hey Kieran - let me see if I can help out, so that we can get you going over the weekend.

If you want to send that info today, just email it to method at methodintegration dot com and I'll have a look.

In terms of speed, I highly recommend you download FireFox and use that instead of Internet Explorer.  FireFox is free www.getfirefox.com.  The reason is that we use a lot of javascript on our pages, and FireFox is just so much better at processing it.  Personally, I like to design screens in Internet Explorer, but use FireFox when using Method.

Further, a little background.  Our initial concentration of Method was to work towards the replacement of a desktop app, so that once screens are loaded, everything is super fast.  We expect you to use Method like a desktop app and leave it open all day, rather than constantly closing it an reopening it. For the most part we've succeeded in achieving that speed.  The next phase in our development is to work on maximizing the speed with which each screen loads.  You'll likely start seeing some optimization coming in as soon as the next few weeks so that not only will screens be fast once they are loaded, but they'll be faster on initial load too.

In the meantime, FireFox is an excellent browser and something I recommend.

Paul

• 02-14-2009 12:30 PM In reply to

Kieran - thanks for your email. You should be good to go now.

If you are signed in, try signing out and trying again.

Paul

• 02-14-2009 12:47 PM In reply to

Working great now Paul what was wrong ?

• 02-14-2009 1:49 PM In reply to

Good to hear.  It was nothing from your end.  The actions used to get the correct RecordID of the invoice were a bit off.  Instead of passing the Transaction.TransactionRecordID to the invoice, it was passing the Transaction.RecordID - wrong field.  So it was our design mistake with your version. 

Glad to hear that it solved.

Now that you have it working, you can start customizing those portal screens from head to toe.  Just post up on the forum if you need assistance. 

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)