Method Community

Import CRM Data

Last post 05-27-2011 1:48 PM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2011 11:42 AM

• roger
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-27-2011
    • Posts 3

Import CRM Data

I am working with a client to import data extracted from their current CRM (Maximizer).  The 'Import/Export' section under 'Integration Tools' appears to contain the "right" tools.  However, I have a few questions...

1. Which Method tables contain bits of information related to CRM?  It appears obvious that the 'Contacts' and 'Customer' tables are involved (setting the 'IsLeadStatusOnly' field to 'TRUE') but are there other tables (LeadSource, Opportunity, etc.)?
    2. Do I import the 'Customer' table data first and then export the updated 'Customer' table to match the "auto-assigned" 'RecordID'  to the 'EntityRecordID' field listed within the 'Contacts' table?  If so, do I need to "map" fields listed within the 'Contacts' table that are "shared" with the 'Customer' table (e.g. address fields)?  Also, is it sufficient to include the 'EntityRecordID' only or should I also include 'Entity_RecordID' and/or 'EntityType' data?
    3. Is the 'SalesRep' field pulled from a different table or a "disconnected" field contained within the 'Contacts' and 'Customer' tables?  BTW, the 'Customer' table contains a 'SalesRep_RecordID' but the 'Contacts' table appears to only contain the 'SalesRep' field?  Is this "shared" data from the 'Customer' table or unique to each table?
    Thanks in advance!

• 05-27-2011 1:48 PM In reply to

Re: Import CRM Data

Answer

Hi Roger,

roger:
    Which Method tables contain bits of information related to CRM?  It appears obvious that the 'Contacts' and 'Customer' tables are involved (setting the 'IsLeadStatusOnly' field to 'TRUE') but are there other tables (LeadSource, Opportunity, etc.)

The only other tables you would need to be concerned about are tables that are referenced in the Customer or Contacts table which essentially means any drop down field found in either of these 2 tables. For example if you are importing a value for SalesRep into the Customer table you will have to make sure that in the SalesRep table the value you are trying to use exists.

roger:
    Do I import the 'Customer' table data first and then export the updated 'Customer' table to match the "auto-assigned" 'RecordID'  to the 'EntityRecordID' field listed within the 'Contacts' table?  If so, do I need to "map" fields listed within the 'Contacts' table that are "shared" with the 'Customer' table (e.g. address fields)?  Also, is it sufficient to include the 'EntityRecordID' only or should I also include 'Entity_RecordID' and/or 'EntityType' data?

The contacts in the Contacts table are linked to a customer based on the Entity field(FullName from Customer table). When looking at a table they only fields thare are required are those that are checked as being required, in the case of the Contacts table all you would need to have at a minimum a value for the Entity field. The FullName field in the Customer table would have to match the Entity in the Contacts table.

roger:
    Is the 'SalesRep' field pulled from a different table or a "disconnected" field contained within the 'Contacts' and 'Customer' tables?  BTW, the 'Customer' table contains a 'SalesRep_RecordID' but the 'Contacts' table appears to only contain the 'SalesRep' field?  Is this "shared" data from the 'Customer' table or unique to each table?

In the Contacts table the SalesRep field is a linked field which means it pulls its information from another table, in this case it pulls the SalesRep from the Entity.

One additional note is that the fields with '_RecordID', are for a future feature which has not yet been fully implemented, so they can be ignored at the moment.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)