Method Community

InvoiceLine Grid

Last post 06-16-2011 4:54 PM by Birch. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2011 10:52 PM

• Birch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-14-2011
    • Posts 15

InvoiceLine Grid

I am trying to create a grid that has the Item, Quantity, and Rate fields from the InvoiceLine table. The 4th field that I need to include in this grid is the RefNumber from the Invoice table. I have already created my grid based off of the InvoiceLine table that has the first 3 fields (this grid is detached because I am creating it on a screen linked to the Invoice table), but I am having trouble pulling the RefNumber from the Invoice table.

Basically, if I have an invoice that is RefNumber 12345, I want to view the line detail (item, quantity and rate) for that invoice. So, if there were 5 items on invoice 12345, the RefNumber of 12345 would be listed 5 times next to each line item.

Thanks,

Birch

• 06-15-2011 7:30 AM In reply to

Re: InvoiceLine Grid

Answer

Hi Birch,

This is pretty simple to accomplish.  You'll need to add RefNumber as a new field to your InvoiceLine table.  This new field will be a linked field that is linked via the Invoice table RecordID.

Hope this helps. 

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 06-16-2011 5:43 AM In reply to

• Birch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-14-2011
    • Posts 15

Hi Mark -

Thanks for the response. I created the new linked field and the Invoice RecordID now displays next to each line item, but I am having trouble creating another column in my grid that displays the RefNumber from the Invoice Table. For example, the Invoice RecordID 22674 is unique to Invoice RefNumber I029354, but I cannot get I029354 to display in my grid next to the appropriate line items. How would I make this happen now that my grid is linked to the Invoice table via RecordID?

Thanks for your help!

Birch

• 06-16-2011 11:40 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Birch,

You should be able to choose the RefNumber as a linked field. Are you not able to? After you add the RefNumber you should be able to add it as a column to your grid.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 06-16-2011 4:54 PM In reply to

• Birch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-14-2011
    • Posts 15

Answer

Michael -

That worked perfectly, thanks for your help!

-Birch

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)