Method Community

How To Create Team Members Tab In Mobile Screen

Last post 07-05-2011 10:54 AM by Method_Michael. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2011 11:28 AM

How To Create Team Members Tab In Mobile Screen

The team members assigned to a certain crew can change in a given day. My goal is to create a tab on the mobile screen after a foreman logs in and then have the ability to change the team members assigned to that particular crew. I created the tab but nothing inside of it. We are trying to eliminate paper by using the mobile start/end time capability but can not if the number of people assigned to a crew changes on a given day. It would cause our invoices to be inaccurate. Can someone outline the steps to copy the team members screen from the Field Service Center to the Mobile login? 

• 06-30-2011 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: How To Create Team Members Tab In Mobile Screen

Answer

Hi Steven,

You should be able to take our existing screen for Team Members and optimize it for mobile use. The screen name is ‘FieldService_TeamMembers’.

If you have already created your screen did you optimize it for mobile? If not to do this edit the Screen and click Advanced you should see a check box for Optimize for mobile device, make sure that is checked. You can also read more on this via an older blog entry, scroll to the bottom where it says ‘HOW TO CREATE YOUR *OWN* MOBILE SCREENS’

Hope this helps.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 06-30-2011 9:52 PM In reply to

It does, thank you! Can I make the team member grid default to the user that is signed in (example: calendar view filter)? I already reduced the grid to only show one team member at a time. If it defaults to the user signed in, can it automatically fill in the values of the crew? For example, fill in the team name, user name, employee(s) below the grid? This will eliminate the need to click on the actual crew leader name for the saved values to populate. The goal is to limit what our foreman sees on the screen and make it as user friendly as possible while they are in the field.

Also, rather than deleting a crew member name if he/she is not on the crew that particular day, can we add check boxes instead? For example, add a checkbox then check or uncheck the employees that are on the crew then click save. 

• 07-05-2011 10:54 AM In reply to

Hi Steven,

You could eliminate the grid all together and have actions on the OnScreenLoad event for that screen that sets the active RecordID (This will actually be a two-step process, first get the RecordID from the TeamMembers table based on the currently logged in user and second setting that screen to the retrieved RecordID).

Adding check boxes to the screen to enable/disable employees for the day is a possiblity but you would need to update the logic in the other screens to make use of this.

-Michael 

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)