Method Community

Customer PO Field

Last post 03-26-2009 11:09 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2009 8:05 PM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Customer PO Field

I have a design question in regards to the customer PO field.  I see where I can enter the customer PO into Estimates and Invoices, but I would like to enter it at the time I create a new customer / Job.  I do not normally create estimates and I need to retain the PO number before I create the invoice.

The other concern is if I create a new field in the customers table (CustomerPO), will that sync with my QB?

Which table is it that sync the QB customer PO field?  And, how can I move it to my customer list?

Workflow: we are a service company.  When we receive a request from our customer, we create a new job (customer) under the customer list (i.e. company ABC, site XYZ, job 123  -  ABC:XYZ:123).  It is during this entry (job level) we would like to obtain and save the customer PO and have it appear when providing a final invoice for our services.

• 03-26-2009 11:09 AM In reply to

Re: Customer PO Field

You can create your own “PO” number in the customer screen.

If you're making an invoice or estimate manually, you can pull in that value when the customer is chosen from the dropdown list, the same way you pull in their address info and terms.

But, since you're using Method Field Services, you’ll have to do a bit of extra work in the FieldService_CreateInvoices screen to copy the PO number into the invoice, by carefully editing the actions in there.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)