Method Community

How to troubleshoot or work around "An error has occurred. An email has been sent to Method staff. If this problem persists..."

Last post 08-26-2011 11:36 AM by Method_Michael. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2011 9:25 AM

How to troubleshoot or work around "An error has occurred. An email has been sent to Method staff. If this problem persists..."

I have a grid with one field.  This it basically a "line item" Grid which allows me to accomodate multiple entries.

I have a column with a Delete link.  It deleted fine.

The problem is when I try to add a record, I get an error.  Once the error hits I cannot save the record or move to another record.

An error has occurred. An email has been sent to Method staff. If this problem persists, please contact the Method Team at method@methodintegration.com.

I have the RecordID displayed in the grid.  I notice that when I remove this field from the grid I do not get the error.  However, if I do not have the field on the grid I cannot get the delete rule to work, because the delete rule looks to eh RecordID field to determine which record to delete.

EDIT

I notice now that when I have the RecordID the grid it does not autofill.  When I enter my choice in the drop down the cursor moves to the ReocrdID field and waits for an entry.  This should autofill but I suppose I am interfering by putting it on the grid.  Problem is, like I say, I cannot get the delete to work without the field on the grid.

• 08-26-2011 10:51 AM In reply to

Re: How to troubleshoot or work around "An error has occurred. An email has been sent to Method staff. If this problem persists..."

Answer

I figured it out.  It took me a while to identify which RecordID related to which record in which table.  But it is now working fine.

• 08-26-2011 11:36 AM In reply to

Re: How to troubleshoot or work around "An error has occurred. An email has been sent to Method staff. If this problem persists..."

Answer

JameQ,

I'm glad to hear that you fixed it. The next time it happen if it happens also take note of the time so we can track down the error. 

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)