Method Community

Loading unrelated new record and inserting values from previous record

Last post 08-29-2011 2:14 PM by Method_Michael. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2011 12:57 PM

Loading unrelated new record and inserting values from previous record

I am working on customizing Purchase Orders to become RMAs for our customer service team.  So far I have created a custom purchase order screen relabeled for RMAs and non relevant data removed.  I have added a new table to the edit customer tab link so you can view RMAs for the customer.  All is working well.  Now I run into my problem.  I am customizing the "Save & Close" button to be a "Save & Outgoing" button where it will take the cs rep to a sales order entry screen and load values from the RMA screen, ultimately relating the outgoing sales order to the incoming RMA/Purchase Order.  I have been successful in grabbing values from the screen and redirecting to the Customer -> Sales Orders tab link, but I fail to enter the values grabbed from the previous RMA screen.  The button action is as follows:

1. Save All Sections
    2. Assign Value to Action Result (3 times for 3 fields)
    3. Go to Tab Link
    4. Enter Assigned Values to Field (3 times for three fields)
    5. Go to Field

It appears to stop after step #3 and I am sure I am just missing something.  I added clear the screen after step 3 hoping that might resolve it, which is does not.  Any ideas what step I am missing so I can focus on the new record and enter values into the fields?

• 08-29-2011 1:00 PM In reply to

Re: Loading unrelated new record and inserting values from previous record

I think I answered the reason why it doesn't work:

Note: Action Results can only be used within the same Object/Field they are created in.

Therefore the question is more specifically how do I go about doing this since I can't carry over captured values.

___

I answered my own question again!  I am not deleting this post as it might help others.  The answer should be use Assign Value to Shared Result and Get Value From Shared Result action instead for grabbing values and setting them between different records.  Should behave as a "global" variable while the action sequence is in effect.

• 08-29-2011 2:14 PM In reply to

Re: Loading unrelated new record and inserting values from previous record

I'm glad to see that you figured it out.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)