Method Community

Issue with Generating a PDF report

Last post 11-01-2011 11:40 AM by mlepitt. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2011 12:02 PM

Issue with Generating a PDF report

I am having an issue generating the PDF report.  When I select PDF, it outputs an HTM file instead.  If I select HTM, it does the same thing.  If I select PNG, it outputs a PNG file.  I have confirmed not only the pop-up window does this, but also when i send an email and attached the report action, it attaches as an HTM.  Is something broken with PDF attachments?

• 09-29-2011 12:45 PM In reply to

Re: Issue with Generating a PDF report

Answer

mlepitt- If you take a look at the standard invoice screen and click Print Preview does it come up as it should? Can you post a screen shot of how it comes up? Or email me a screenshot along with the file.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 11-01-2011 11:40 AM In reply to

Re: Issue with Generating a PDF report

Answer

When I first set this up, I chose HTM thinking I could throw it into the body of the email.  It didn't work, so I chose PDF and attached it.  Then I got the email with an HTM attachment.  I went back to the action and confirmed it was set to PDF.  I then changed it to PNG and confirmed I get a PNG attachment.  I went back again to put it on PDF to give you the example, and it appear PNG.  So what appears to be happening is that when I pick PDF, it generates a report with the last type that was not PDF!

I think my order of events exposed a bug.  I removed the generate report action and created a new one, picking PDF out of the gate and now it works.  So, no need to follow-up with me, but see if you can harden against it for others!

____

Emily,

Thanks for the heads up. I will create a ticket anyways to prevent this from happening in the future.

Regards,

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)