Method Community

Field Services - Create Work Orders by Line Item

Last post 06-06-2014 1:22 PM by Beth Heffernan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 12:40 PM

Field Services - Create Work Orders by Line Item

Are we able to create different work orders by specifiying certain line items from an Estimate? Does this functionality exist but I'm just missing it?

When we create Estimates, we commonly need to create different work orders by type of work - deliveries, service work, spray applications, etc. It would be great if I could select line items on an estimate and create a work order for just those items.

Thoughts? Is anyone doing something like this already?

Thanks,

Blake C

Blake C
  • 10-07-2011 1:23 PM In reply to

Re: Field Services - Create Work Orders by Line Item

Blake C-

This functionality doesn't currently exist but its pretty easy to add.

One way of doing this would be to enable Checkboxes on the EstimateLine grid, and on the Create / Go To Work Order button(Which in this case would now just be a Create Work Order button) use the existing actions as a template but instead of looping through the EstimateLine table, loop through the EstimateLine grid for checked records.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 10-07-2011 9:52 PM In reply to

Yeah, I can see how that could work. Thx for the help...will give it a shot. 

Blake C
  • 10-10-2011 12:27 PM In reply to

Im with you on this one. When I need to use projects, creating a work order for the project would be great. I think your running into the same thing?

Thanks

• 10-10-2011 12:36 PM In reply to

We usually get an order from a salesman, then split up work orders based on the type of work...I think I'm gonna customize our Sales Order actually, and add checkboxes at the line item level to create work orders. Don't know if it's gonna work, but I'll try it.

Blake C
  • 05-30-2014 12:08 PM In reply to

Hello

I currently have a customer that wants to Adjust Quantities from an Estimate and have Multiple Work Orders (deliveries) per estimate.  I have concluded the following;- could you let me know if I am correct - I have tested this several times:

1.  Scheduling in Method is done through the Work Order - the work order when created from an estimate will not track the quantity delivered and keep remaining quantity on the Estimate form.   This is why I conclude that there is a neeed for Multiple Work Orders and Invoices to keep accurate track of customer delivered quantities and balances.

2.  The Sales Order in Method works the same way a Sales Order in QuickBooks works but it is NOT linking to the Work Order which is tracking your scheduling and deliveries.

Business Owner Solutions and Services
  • 06-06-2014 1:22 PM In reply to

Hello,

I have not heard back on this post, could anyone confirm or assist with the questions I am posing?  See Post for May 30, 2014 linked to this message. - Beth

Business Owner Solutions and Services
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)