Method Community

INVOICE_INVALID_SYNC_TOKEN

Last post 01-04-2012 11:47 AM by Jeff Douglas. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2011 5:10 AM

INVOICE_INVALID_SYNC_TOKEN

On 10/8 I processed payment on 6 invoices in QBO.  4 of them posted paid correctly back to Method.  Two showed up as conflicts on the Quickbooks>Resolve Conflicts screen.  Below are the messages:

Could not add/edit the Invoice '2859'. The response from QuickBooks Online was: INVOICE_INVALID_SYNC_TOKEN - Sync Token has expired or is invalid. Requested Sync Token: 2, Expected Sync Token: 3

Could not add/edit the Invoice '2854'. The response from QuickBooks Online was: INVOICE_INVALID_SYNC_TOKEN - Sync Token has expired or is invalid. Requested Sync Token: 4, Expected Sync Token: 5

Please advise on what action I need to take.
    Thanks Much!!!!

• 10-10-2011 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: INVOICE_INVALID_SYNC_TOKEN

Shawn -

I'll do a translation on that one.  

In order to make sure that old data does not overwrite new data, QBO maintains an edit sequence called a SyncToken.  If you make an edit in QBO for Bob Smith's invoice, it gets SyncToken 1.  Then if Method edits it it gets SyncToken 2, and so forth.  If another app tries to edit it with SyncToken 1, QBO says "no way, you have old data, we're not allowing it."

(that's the techie reason.........just in case you wanted to know!)

Now........why this happened to you....I don't know.  It's the first time we've seen it.  We ran a script that updated your tokens, so the invoices should be okay to pass through now.  Please let us know if they do.

Are you using any other apps that might have changed these invoices?  Did you modify them in QBO directly?  Just trying to see if we can reproduce a scenario where this happens.

Thanks,

Paul

• 10-10-2011 9:33 AM In reply to

Hmmmm.  I can't say that I remember specifically editing these Invoices in QBO.  I know I did edit them in Method when I added a custom field to track WorkorderNumber and also "untaxed" all the line items due to that other issue.  But, I did that to all 6 invoices that I posted payments for on Saturday and all but 2 went through fine.  However,......

When these were originally created in QBO, the BillTo information was different than what it is now.  I will have a bunch of invoices that were and will be paid by a third party.  It may not necessarily match the customer's default BillTo info in either QBO or Method.  It appears that Method overwrote the BillTo information on all of the invoices where that's the case.  I don't know that's necessarily related to this issue as several others that were that way processed through fine.

I do see these two transactions have now posted.  One of the two is still showing a Current Balance of $400 on the Edit Customer screen even though the transaction tab grid shows the received payment, posted "Yes" and a net balance of $0.

• 01-03-2012 4:15 PM In reply to

Could not add/edit the Customer 'assisted fertility.com'. The response from QuickBooks Online was: CUSTOMER_INVALID_SYNC_TOKEN - Sync Token has expired or is invalid. Requested Sync Token: 1, Expected Sync Token: 0

It is in CRM Resolve Conflicts for this date  Assisted Fertility  Dec-28-2011 09:08:15 AM  

Since thge 22 of December we have not be able to add a new customer from CRM to QB online 

I show this error but do not know how to resolve ??

Jeff Douglas
  • 01-03-2012 8:53 PM In reply to

Hi Jeff -

That message is coming from QBO. It's kind of confusing, but it looks like those were deleted customers in QBO that were edited in Method.  When sending them to QBO, QBO rejected them.

Rather than give the message it gave, it should really give something more informative, like "you can't edit a deleted customer".....but that's our problem to work out with them, not yours.

I think I've got it cleared on the backend.  Can you verify that you're back in good shape again?

Paul

• 01-04-2012 8:04 AM In reply to

Paul

Thank you for qucik response.

The account is still not showing in QBonline but is showing in Method CRM  and when I have I get no error message.

I sync the two and still not displaying in the QBonline I am seeing a new resoilve in Methods after synce that reads

Could not add/edit the Entity 'assistedfertility.com (deleted)'. The response from QuickBooks Online was: -11211 - You cannot modify a list element that has been deleted.  

Please advise how to proceed 

Jeff 

Jeff Douglas
  • 01-04-2012 9:30 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Jeff -

I believe the reason it's not showing up in QB Online is that it it is actually deleted in QB Online.

What you need to do is:

1. Go to QB Online.

2. Go to your Customer Center. 

3. Click the Show Deleted checkbox.

4. Find the customer you are referring to.

5. Click on them.

6. Then click the Restore button.

7. Then you can perform a sync in Method CRM and you'll get the latest changes from QB Online, which should reactivate them in Method CRM as well.

Currently, the QB Online APIs don't allow a 3rd party developer to restore a deleted customer.  Once we get that ability, we'll be able to make use of it in Method.....they are moving fast over there, so I don't think it will be long until we have this....but for now it's a manual process :(.

Paul

• 01-04-2012 11:47 AM In reply to

Answer

Thanks that placed the client into QBonline and it synced 

Jeff Douglas
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)