Method Community

Filtering existing time tracking entries

Last post 06-02-2009 9:05 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2009 10:29 AM

Filtering existing time tracking entries

I think the process I need to follow if I want to filter for a certain date in the Existing Time Tracking Entries table is to enter the filter information above the correct field and click the filter icon on the right.  However, the filter is not being applied correctly when I do this; rather, it refuses to display any time entries.  What am I doing wrong?

Marcus
  • 06-01-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: Filtering existing time tracking entries

Hi Marcus,

You need to enter the date (using the correct format; example May-29-2009). Once this is entered then you need to click on the little upside down triangle next to the date box and click on the specific criteria. For instance in this example, if you wanted all entries with date ‘May-29-2009’ then you would select 'Equal To' as the criteria. Taking this one step further, if you wanted to return all entries created in ‘May’ then you would enter ‘May’ and set the criteria as ‘Contain’.

As a tip, I noticed you are clicking the filter icon on the far right, if it’s more convenient you can hit 'enter' instead and that would also apply the filter :)

• 06-01-2009 5:58 PM In reply to

Got it, Amanda.  Thanks.  I was using the "Contain" filter with the specific date, but I see that it was searching too broadly for everything contained in that filter field.

Marcus
  • 06-02-2009 9:05 AM In reply to

Hi Marcus,

As a pointer in case you filter by date often, you may want to consider adding a date object to the screen; this requires customization.  When you add the date picker you can make it default to today's date and the grid should be filtered by Value On Screen for that date object. You can also add a date change event so that when the date changes it calls a Refresh Grid action.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)