Method Community

End Loop Through Grid - Error

Last post 12-14-2011 12:47 PM by l.brandow. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2011 12:02 AM

End Loop Through Grid - Error

Hi,

While creating invoice from sales order it shows the following error message  in SalesOrder_CreateInvoice screen..

Expecting 'End Loop Through Grid'

Action order: 16

Oh-oh. Your actions didn’t pass Method’s latest and greatest logic validation. If this screen worked earlier and has now stopped working, we recommend your administrator adjusts the actions to resolve this issue. In the meantime, you can switch back to the previous version of Method by going tohttps://www.methodintegration.com/NovemberTemporaryLogin

We didn't make any changes to SalesOrder_CreateInvoice screen.  Can you tell me what may be the problem and how to overcome it.

Thanks & Regards,

Navitha.

• 12-09-2011 5:37 AM In reply to

Re: End Loop Through Grid - Error

Hi,

On carefully going through the actions in the Next button click in SalesOrder_CreateInvoice Screen, i found that  the loop started through the Sales Order Line Grid but ended it as Table instead of Grid. So just replace " End Loop through Table" with "End Loop through Grid" at action sequence 16.

Thanks & Regards,

Navitha

• 12-09-2011 9:11 AM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

I have just experienced the same problem, a bit abruptly I might add since we are trying to invoice and ship castings.

I do not think this logic sequence is failing due to any customization, but rather from the initial loop logic from the default Sales Order to Invoice loop from the Method default screens.  Possibly this default screen was fixed and pushed out, but anyone who has built a custom screen from the Method default screen logic will abruptly have their application break.

I think this "logic validation" is a really bad idea and needs to be fixed.  It could have a much more graceful error handling, more professional and technically clear without the verbose and chatty message.  The logic should be allowed to proceed such that a working application can continue to work, but administrators would receive notification from their users that they are getting error messages every time they create an invoice, or even an e-mail notification.

This logic validation could have been implemented in the background with a log file to provide some visibility to the Method developer about how many production screens would choke on this new rule, before it was rolled out with a hard FAIL implemented in the logic.  The redirect to login to the old version of Method is also a clumsily implemented solution.  The new login opens a fresh session in a Popup Screen, not a new Tab in Firefox and presents the user with a really awkward session to try to use without a link for future logins, etc.

The logic worked before, as the standard Method screen, and as our customized screen, so this is really a false error.  I understand the need to provide more logic validation, but breaking applications turned over to production for purely stylistic or symantic errors that the script handler already knows how to handle gracefully, is really bad software design.

I think I can fix our screens here in a hurry, but we really shouldn't encounter this.  I think this is just a little too fast and loose with code change to the Production Version of Method.

Cheers,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 12-09-2011 9:20 AM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Posts 171

I found the same End Loop error, the Method logic had End Table Loop, where the action End Grid Loop should be.  Easy fix, but a bit ironic that I need to fix the default screen code provided by Method and now broken by new validation by Method, a validation not necessary since the old script interpreter ended the loop correctly regardless of the End Loop action.  C'mon guys, you're much better than this.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 12-09-2011 9:36 AM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Posts 171

Well, maybe not such an easy fix.  With the fixed End Grid Loop now I am getting an error on the Start Grid Loop statement with the message "There has been an error during the action process".  It gives the action sequence number of the Start Grid Loop statement.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 12-09-2011 1:37 PM In reply to

jnoneiliv1-

We have updated the original sales order screen. You can read about it HERE

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 12-09-2011 4:55 PM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Posts 171

Michael, will that fix my customized screen?  I can look at Action Sequence of the Method default screen and try to match mine.  I did not change any of the logic, I only added fields to the insert row action so my custom line item details are added, but I'll still need to get this working in a customized screen.  I'll try.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 12-09-2011 5:08 PM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Posts 171

Answer

Michael, my customized SalesOrder_CreateInvoice screen is now working, I think because I replaced the End Loop Through Table statement with End Loop Through Grid.  But, the Full Blown Method Edition of this screen still has the corrupt Action sequence logic.  It appears to have some new logic to handle line item groups, but it incorrectly uses End Loop Through Table instead of End Loop Through Grid.  I don't understand, maybe I don't have the latest update of this screen although I made sure to log out, restart firefox and log in.  I think this waiting for update is what fixed the last error I had on my screen after I added the correct End Loop statement.  Very strange, but Method is creepy snappy even over my DSL connection.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 12-14-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

I absolutely agree