Method Community

Custom "Please Wait" screen

Last post 04-28-2015 12:40 PM by Method_Audisho. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2011 11:22 PM

• g.burghall
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-21-2011
    • Burlington, Ontario
    • Posts 12

Custom "Please Wait" screen

I'm creating a web form I intend to use over a graphic. The form looks great, as does the landing page, however the plain white "Your message is being sent, please wait" screen kills the concept.  

Is there currently any way to change the "Please wait" screen to a custom URL, like the landing page after the form has been sent?

Thanks!

Greg Burghall
    Big Tree Solutions
  • 12-12-2011 3:04 PM In reply to

Re: Custom "Please Wait" screen

Greg-

Currently there is no means to change the "Please wait" screen. I will put in a suggestion for this but I cannot give you an ETA of if or when it will be added.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 10-13-2013 9:41 PM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-07-2013
    • Posts 3

Is there some sort of a handling for this now?  I would like to be able to have the "please wait" screen not say anything and  have a particular solid color.   

• 10-14-2013 6:44 AM In reply to

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, this hasn't been any update on this yet.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-27-2015 11:19 AM In reply to

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Good Day!

Is there any update on this request?  The question was initially asked 3-1/2 years ago with the latest response 1-1/2 years ago.

Are there any plans to work on Web Forms?  Or, will this remain a "beta" part of Method ad infinitum?

The ability to change the landing page would be nice.

It would also be nice if it did not take 18-20 seconds to process the data from the web form and finally proceed to the specified URL.

Jim

• 04-27-2015 12:29 PM In reply to

Hi Jim,

Web forms are being replaced with public pages in Method New (M:N) and will remain in beta for the remainder of the life of Method Classic (M:C). Public pages will essentially allow you to create a screen in M:N and integrate the screen into your website. This allows for more control, better data verification and simpler customization than was possible through web forms. It should also address your speed concern.

If by “change the landing page” you mean the page that the user is taken to after clicking submit, this can be done on step 6 of the web form setup. Just check the “Take customers to a specific URL after they submit the form” box and enter the URL into the field.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-27-2015 5:02 PM In reply to

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Audisho,

Thank you for the speedy reply!

When will Method New be available?  When the new login screen became active, I do remember seeing it as an option in the account selection.  However, I no longer see that option.

The web forms are so slow that I have a hard time seeing us deploy that without a BIG disclaimer stating that there will be a LONG wait.

Jim

• 04-28-2015 12:40 PM In reply to

Hi Jim,

I can’t provide an ETA for when M:N will be released. The short answer is that it will be released when it is ready. We are currently in beta and are working hard to get it out the door ASAP. For release info and updates, keep an eye on our blog and follow us on twitter.

When a user selects submit on your web form, they will be temporarily redirected to a page with the message “Your message is being sent, please wait. Thank you!” This will be displayed in their browser until the submission is complete and they are redirected to the “Thank you” page. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)