Method Community

filter leads by location

Last post 01-12-2012 9:52 PM by swm023. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2012 2:32 PM

filter leads by location

How would I go about creating a way to view my leads by city or location?  I guess I'd need to do the same for customers and opportunites as well.

• 01-05-2012 10:30 AM In reply to

Re: filter leads by location

Hi swn023-

Have you tried using the Search button found on the top right of the screen?

Another option is to customize the screen(CRM_CustomerList) and add ShipAddressCity as a column to the grid.

For opportunities, there currently isn’t a Search button available, but you can add the ShipAddressCity as a column to the grid on the CRM_OpportunitesList screen.

Since ShipAddressCity doesn’t exist in the Opportunity table you will need to add it as a linked field using customer.

• 01-09-2012 9:24 PM In reply to

I was referring to customizing the screen.  I like that better than using Search.  Which screen(s) exactly are the ones that I would need to customize? Is is CustomerList, LeadList, and OpportunityList?  I've tried editing those screen and I'm not seeing how to add a new column (or remove exiting columns for that matter).

• 01-10-2012 10:42 AM In reply to

Hi swm023, 

The best way to find out which screen a tab link is referring to is to hover the pointer over a tab where a pop-up message window will appear. The screen name will be in the format of: (“Screen name” from “account name”). You might not see it right away, so just select any tab link beside the one you are looking for and it will appear for you. 

Once you find the screen, to add the column to the grid please do the following:

a. Customize > Screens

b. Select the screen you want to edit

c. Within the screen, select Edit on the grid object

d. Go to step 2 where the fields are listed and you can add/edit as needed

The only exception is within the Opportunity List. You need to add a linked field to the table associated to that screen before you continue with the above steps. 

a. Go to Customize > Tables/Fields

b. Click on the Opportunity table

c. Select to add a linked field via the customer table and the field that you want to add to the table

I hope that helps. 

Ronen

• 01-10-2012 4:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for your response.

I understand how to edit screens. I have successfully edited a couple of other screens. However, when I get to the screens we are talking about I can't see any resemblance whatsoever to the actual scrren.  I don't see any of the columns you see on the screen in order to add to or take away.

In the middle there is a section "Existing Leads and Contacts List" with something below called Contacts.  Is it within that Contacts that I have add/remove columns??

• 01-11-2012 1:19 PM In reply to

Hi swn023,

That is called a “Contacts” grid and you will have to click on Edit and follow the steps in order to add/remove the columns. You willhave to do the exact same thing within the Opportunities List section in the copy of the “CRM_OpportunitiesList” screen. You will have to select the “Opportunity” grid and also click on Edit and follow those steps. 

Let me know if that helps. 

Ronen

• 01-12-2012 10:23 AM In reply to

Yes, that helps.  I was able to successfuly remove a column.

I have 2 custom fields that I've created and added to my EditLeads page.  I'd like have both of those fields as a column on the LeadList (among others) page.  However, they are not showing up as an option to add as a new column.

What do I need to do so I can add them?

• 01-12-2012 2:46 PM In reply to

Hi swm023, 

The “Contacts” grid that you have there is based on the contacts table. The custom fields that you added are based on the customer table. In order to be able to see these fields, you will need to link them via the entity table. 

If you are not able to see the other columns for the other grids, please note the table that they are based off of and link those fields to those tables via the related table.

Let me know if that helps.

Ronen

• 01-12-2012 9:31 PM In reply to

I appreciate your help.  What you are saying makes sense.  However, I don't know how to link the fields via the entity table.

• 01-12-2012 9:52 PM In reply to

Answer

nevermind. i figured it out

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)