Method Community

SYNC ISSUE WITH QUICKBOOKS ONLINE

Last post 01-05-2012 11:24 AM by Method_Paul. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2012 8:00 AM

SYNC ISSUE WITH QUICKBOOKS ONLINE

How do I fix a sync issue with quickbooks? It now appears that after fixing the issue of the sync process deleting my notes in quickbooks, method will no longer sync the notes from quickbooks at all??? i have even tried manually entered the same info into the notes in method and they won’t even save much less sync!

• 01-05-2012 8:10 AM In reply to

Re: SYNC ISSUE WITH QUICKBOOKS ONLINE

Nathan -

The reason you had the problem yesterday that you did was that Intuit had recently made the add/edit of customer notes possible for developers.  Previously it was read only. Problem is, there was a communication break down, and no developers were alerted to this - so it hit us by suprise. 

We are still implementing their new fixes, up until now we've only been able to read customer notes from QuickBooks Online rather than update them.

Can you confirm that if you enter the notes directly in QBO and then do a sync (use the sync icon at the top of Method) that the notes at least come from QBO into Method.

We should have the ability for QBO users to update notes from Method by noon today....so hold tight.

Paul

• 01-05-2012 8:20 AM In reply to

That will be great but method sync always tells me there is sync in process. But the issue is that it will not pull the existing notes for QB online so we can view them in method. Originally it did this but I am still seeing some of my customers in method with no notes but can verify them in QB online

• 01-05-2012 8:23 AM In reply to

Nathan - can you PM me your Company Account name (click Contact>send Method_Paul a private message).  I'll have a look...

Paul

• 01-05-2012 11:24 AM In reply to

Answer

Nathan - thanks.  I checked it out and everything seems to be working fine.  

I think it was just a matter of time before our running of back end updates to all QB Online accounts was completed.  So by the time I tested it out, your account was already update with the latest and greatest.

I was able to edit a note and restore it for a test customer, and it looks like every customer has the latest sync now from QBO.

One tip (side note): something I noticed when testing out your notes - on your customer list, I suggest lowering the initial list to 10 customers at a time. The screen loads much faster that way, as loading with 100 each time will slow you down.  If you temporarily need to see more than 10, you can use the + sign at the bottom to expand. The thinking here is that most of the time you are using the customer list to do a search anyway, rather than a scroll, so it is much faster to do a search and return and format 10 results rather than 100. You'll see quite the difference.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)