Method Community

line Item Descriptions limit?

Last post 01-06-2012 7:46 AM by John M. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2012 1:45 PM

line Item Descriptions limit?

Greetings,

for this one client, I need to preform certain tasks in a certain order.  So i created a other item in quickbooks called notes. I put 14 things in the discription so 14 lines of events in the discription box.  When i bring this up in method it brings up the 14 lines of text but when i save it it reduces it to 10 lines of text.  I could not find a limit on this anywhere in method.  

Any ideas would be great. 

Thanks, John M

UPDATE: I am thinking i should be setting up activities for these events to take place. Is it possible to have one activity but have a list of todo items on it like in a comment section? 

Thanks

• 01-05-2012 5:09 PM In reply to

Re: line Item Descriptions limit?

Hi John,

I have a few questions:

1. Can I have the sample of the text that you are trying to enter or the number of characters that you are trying to enter?

2. Are you adding the description when you are creating a new item or are you adding the description when selecting an item at the transaction line level?

I also wanted to get clarification for your updated comment: Are you thinking of something similar to how you can add job items to a work order but instead add tasks to an activity?

Ronen

• 01-06-2012 7:46 AM In reply to

Re: line Item Descriptions limit?

Ronen

I think im going to hold off on idea number 1 and 2.  

I think creating activities will help me with this issue.  I could create a custom activity for this customer but i run into a issue.  

I have a set of instructions that need to be followed in this new activity.  I think i might need to customize the activitiys to hold instructions i think.  I am still looking into this.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)