Method Community

Scheduling and Invoicing

Last post 01-02-2013 9:30 AM by Method_Adam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2012 11:41 AM

Scheduling and Invoicing

I have a couple of questions:

1. I am the administrator of a small team and I need to view all active workorders for the group.  When I want to see all of the workorders in the work order screen or in the calendar they do not seem to be showing up.
    2. Is there anyway to assign a workorder to more than one person.  In most cases the workorder does not belong to one single individual.

thanks

• 01-12-2012 5:01 PM In reply to

Re: Scheduling and Invoicing

Hi wmcfall,

For question 1:

For the work order screen, you need to make sure that you set the filter to show “All occurrences”. That will show you all of the Work Orders that belong to all users. 

In the calendar, you will be able to see all of the users that are assigned to the admin. To be able to do that, in the Calendar tab, click on the Change link and check off all of the users that are available for you. Since you are the Administrator, you will be able to see all of the users there. Once that is done, you can see your users’ calendar on the right hand side. 

For question 2:

A work order can only have one Assign To. On the work order list though, you will only have one person listed as the Assign To. You can thought, add multiple employees as team members and have a leader who will then become the Assign To for that work order. This concept of team members is for time tracking purposes and it will not show up as multiple entries in the work order list or calendar. 

I hope that helps. 

Ronen

• 01-12-2012 5:08 PM In reply to

Answer

Thank You Ronen,

I have been using a different field service application for the past two years and we were able to assign the Work Orders to multiple people for the simple reason that many jobs require more than one person. 

In that case it would show up in the calendar that both employees would be on that job.  For scheduling that was very helpful. 

Thanks again for your quick response.

Wade

• 12-31-2012 7:46 PM In reply to

Is there no way to have the work order show up on everyone's calendar that is working on it. So all of the team members will have that job show up on their calendar. Or is this something that would be a customization job to get it to work ( I'm thinking possibly by making a duplicate entry w/ different AssignedTo fields for everyone working on it? <--This is how I'm thinking of doing it if it doesn't show on the calendar, does it sound like a good place to start or will I get messed up by a unique field along the way?)

Thanks! I hope my question wasn't confusing.

Happy New Year!

• 01-02-2013 9:30 AM In reply to

Hi,

The simplest way would be to change the filter on the calendar.  If you select change next to Assigned To, you can select the user that was assigned a particular work order (you can select as many usres as you want here).  This can not be set  to default when it loads, that would have to be done by customization.  

One way to achieve what you're looking for would be to create a user such as Team 1, asssign that user the WO, and have each user load the calendar for the Team 1 user.  Another way would be to create a project and assign each user the exact same activity in the project.

This would be similar to your idea of creating duplicate acitvites, except that they are all related to the one work order.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)