Method Community

per item price level

Last post 12-03-2009 11:32 AM by Anonymous. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2009 3:40 PM

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

per item price level

Under the Home tab, I've built a price level screen that pulls in the different price levels for the client.

If I choose "per item" under price level type, is there any way to get Method to Display a full item list in which the user can modify prices for that specific price level on a per item basis?

Thanks!!

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 06-11-2009 2:11 PM In reply to

Re: per item price level

Hi Philip,

Yes, you can customize your screen to display a full item list for specific price level on a per item basis.  You have the ability to view information regarding price levels, however you wouldn't be able to add / edit price levels in Method due to the SDK restriction.  Any changes or addition to the price level or item price would have to be done in QuickBooks.  You will have to do a change only or a full sync (via QuickBooks tab in Method) after you have updated this information in QuickBooks to ensure it shows up in Method.  Alternatively, you can change the prices manually per item in the Invoice, Estimate or Sales Order in Method.

• 06-12-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

Amanda,

Thanks for your help! I have already been able to create new fixed percentage price levels in Method. I'm working through getting any fixed percentage price levels to apply to an invoice in Method. I'll test that again this morning.

I looked into the SDK guide in attempt to see if QB is going to allow access to the price level creation for 3rd party folks later down the road. I found something curious.

https://member.developer.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/QBSDK7.0/doc/PDF/QBSDK_ProGuide.pdf

On pages 319-322 in the guide, QB describes interaction with the price levels (both per item and fixed). At first they say that the 3rd party app will get an error "not available" when interacting with the per item price levels. However, on page 321 (in the pdf), they describe how to create a per item price level and give qbXML to do so.

It leads me to believe there might be some possibilities here.

I wanted to pass that along in case it would be of help to you guys. I love what I see in Method and want to make this a fit for my clients. I know they will love it!

I spoke with one of them this morning who deals with the price levels alot. He is willing to allow our company to enter the price levels directly into QB. So that part is solved. I just need to be able to apply fixed level and per item level price lists in Method for them to use when creating invoices and the like.

Thanks!!

Phillip

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 06-12-2009 12:24 PM In reply to

Hi Philip,

I am very happy to hear that you are pleased with Method! Thank you for your researched suggestion about creating a per item price level, this is something we had looked into but decided that we wouldn't employ right now due to the complexity of it. We love to hear your feedback, keep them coming.

• 06-15-2009 8:14 AM In reply to

Hi Philip,

I got another alternative that you can use in Method.  It requires customization but it would work pretty much like how per item price levels are applied to invoices in QB. For instance, you would have to customize the Invoice screen in two ways.

1) When an item is chosen, in addition to the actions that already occur when an item is chosen, you need to find out the customer’s default price level, and apply that to the regular item price.
    2) Add actions to the Rate column for a button click event, so that there is a “…” next to Rate.  There you can show a pop up screen where you can select the appropriate price levels.  Hence you would have to create a screen to display various price levels.  In doing so you would have to ensure you select the appropriate actions so that it updates the invoice correctly. The same can be applied to Estimates and Sales Orders. It is an advanced customization, as you have to use things like “Shared results”.

• 11-29-2009 7:44 PM In reply to

• tonyd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Statesville, NC
    • Posts 7

Philip or Amanda,

Is there an easier way to do this to get price levels working?  Does anyone have a screen shot of how to make this work?

Thanks

Tony DAlessandro
    DalaCasa Landscaping and Designs L.L.C.
    (P) 704-248-6294 x100
    (F) 704-248-6303
    www.dalacasa.com
  • 11-30-2009 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi Tony,

If you like we can always do the customization for you.

I'll look into whether there is another alternative besides the one I outlined in the previous post and get back to you.

• 12-03-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Tony,

I've looked into whether there is another alternative besides the one I already outlined and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any.  If it gets too complicated you can always contact your Business Systems Consultant and they would be able to customize this for you.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)