Method Community

Estimates and Invoices

Last post 02-24-2011 11:51 AM by Method_Michael. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2009 10:40 PM

Estimates and Invoices

When doing a print preview of an invoice or estimate in Method, the Method logo appears in the top left corner of the document, despite the fact we have uploaded our company logo in the (Customize>Display) tab.

Is there a way to customize these documents so that our company logo rather than the Method logo appears here?

• 06-12-2009 4:05 PM In reply to

Re: Estimates and Invoices

Hey Randall,

In order to change the logo that appears in any report, you would need to open that report using the Report Designer. Once you have the report open, you can take out the Method logo and add your own company logo. Once you save this new template, it will replace the old one and you will be able to see your company logo.

Once you install the Report Designer, you can access it from the start menu. Below is a direct link to setup file.

http://www.methodintegration.com/MethodReportDesigner/MethodReportDesigner.application

• 06-16-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

Thanks for the help. Worked great.

I just had a new client ask the following questions regarding estimates and invoices. Hopefully you can assist with these also.

1. Is there a way in Method to duplicate an existing estimate, then use that duplicate estimate for a deferrent customer ? This can currently be done in QuickBooks.

2. Is there a way to calculate and display the profit and profit margin on an estimate - but not not have those fields print or be displayed when sending the estimate to a client? This can also be done in Quickbooks.

3. Is there a way to calculate a sales rep's commission (a percentage of the profit) on an estimate - but not not have those fields print or be displayed when sending the estimate to a client? This can NOT be done in Quickbooks.

Thanks,

• 06-16-2009 3:02 PM In reply to

Hey Randall,

I'm glad I was able to help you, let's see if I can get you some answers on these questions. All of these requests can be done but would require some minor customization.

1, The program was not designed to do that, but this can be done by customizing the screen and adding in a function that copy's all fields and data, then paste it into a new page.

2, This would also be possible but would require customization, this would be done with the action "Basic Math Calculation"

3, This would be similar to the last question, using the math function will get the results you're looking for.

• 06-22-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

Ryan,

Lets start with question two please proft margin). That is the priority for the client.

What are the step by step instructions I need to do to accomplish this for the client ? Hopefully I will have time to test it on our method account before trying it on theirs.

• 06-22-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

Hey Randall,

So after reading over your question again and looking at the Estimate screen, I notice there is a column for "Mark up". This would be your profit, this is viewable on the Estimates screen but not available when you print the Estimate from Method.

Is this what you’re looking for? The topic is Estimates and Invoices, are you looking to get this same field on your invoice screen as well?

• 06-22-2009 2:47 PM In reply to

Ryan,

What we are looking to do is this initially;

1. create an additional field on every estimate titled "profit".

2. take the "subtotal" item on the estimate, (which does not include tax) and subtract it by the sum of the total cost (rate x quantity) for each item on the estimate.

3. have the resulting total (subtotal - (rate x quantity)) appear in the profit field we created in step 1.

If there is a better way to accomplish this, we are open for suggestions.

Thanks.

• 06-23-2009 9:18 AM In reply to

Hey Randall,

You would need to add a field to the table "estimates" or whatever other screen you want to show this information on. Once added to a table, you will be able to add the field to the screen.

You can get the cost right out of the grid, so its something like Quantity x Cost, and assign the value to an action result. Then you would want to see if we are using a markup in dollars or percent. This is done with the checkbox in the column beside markup. If its checked then we want to do  (Markup / 100) x Cost = Profit. If it’s not checked, then we want to use; Markup x Cost = Profit. To finish it off you would then place your action result into the field of choice. In this case, Profit. To complete this you’re going to need to play around with the ‘basic math function’, as well as the action 'assigned value to field'

If you need step by step instructions, you will need to look into booking some time with the Business Consultants. Please contact your rep to get more information.

• 02-23-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

I customized the Simple Invoice and added my logo, but the logo is not appearing.  I even added a box around it, and the box shows up but no logo. I'm tearing my hair out (which I don't have enough of to begin with).  What might I be doing wrong?

• 02-23-2011 4:57 PM In reply to

Hi SGilljp,

Try changing the image sizing property, by clicking on the image and then clicking > (should show up after the image is selected) and changing Image Sizing to Auto-Size.  If you are still having issues can you give me details of what exactly you did to change the logo?

-Michael 

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 02-24-2011 9:58 AM In reply to

Auto-sizing didn't fix it. To insert the logo, I clicked on the picture box and > and in Image I selected the logo image from my desktop.

• 02-24-2011 10:46 AM In reply to

Sgilljp,

When you are in the report designer itself if you click the preview tab do you see the image in that preview? Or is it just when the report is generate through Method? You can send me the image you are trying to use and I can try using it on one of my templates and see if this issue is maybe related to the image itself. Also if you want you can book some paid consulting time with me and I can login to your template itself and take a look. You can email the image to m.melo@methodintegration.com.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 02-24-2011 11:51 AM In reply to

Answer

Update:

It looks like the issue was related to the image still using Data Binding, once the Data Binding was set to None the issue was resolved.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)