Method Community

Section Display Issue

Last post 02-14-2012 12:56 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2012 2:45 PM

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Section Display Issue

I've just come across a problem, which upon further checking, occurs in both the January and December versions.

I have a customized screen with 10 sections.  In the customizing editor, when the first sections is set to "show", some rows at the bottom of the section do not display on the screen, and this occurs whether or not the rows are blank or have data fields and objects in them.  When I then set the section to "hide", the rows that originally displayed are hidden, as they should, and the rest of the rows that weren't originally displayed are then shown.  The fields and objects can be edited, moved, or deleted as usual, but the add/delete rows and column controls on the section bar are gone.  Deleting blank rows in the normal ;'show' mode seems to move them into this other area.

The whole section appears to display normally in actual operation.

I hope you can help with this one.

Rolf

• 01-27-2012 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: Section Display Issue

Hi Rolf,

I have some questions:

1. How many rows are you adding to the first section?

2. Does this happen only to the first section or to the other 9 sections?

Ronen

• 01-27-2012 6:35 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Hi Ronen,

This has only happened in the first section.

The number of rows varies, but never exceeds 15, which unfortunately, is the maximum allowed.  However, in testing it a bit more, I've found that if I add rows to the real section (only possible with the section on ;'show', as indicated previously) a few rows were added and then suddenly my object cells(buttons which had been on the 'extra section')jumped to the main section.  Adding addional rows carried on after my row of buttons until the max of 15 was reached.  Thereafter deleting rows appeared to do that, but actually it just moved them between the actual and extra section windows.

Hope that helps,

Rolf

• 01-27-2012 6:45 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Ronen,

I just had the same thing happen on a different section.  It appears that if you add blank rows to the end of the screen, and then delete some, the 'deleted' ones move to this new extra screen area, and can't be removed.

Rolf

• 01-30-2012 2:36 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Ronen,

While you're looking into section-related issues, here's a few more I'm having issues with.

1. Moving sections with the up/down arrows does not always work.  Sometimes you get caught in a loop where the section appears to move, but upon reload is still in the same place. Yet other sections on the same screen will move properly.  This has been an issue for a long time, I've just not mentioned it before.

2.I've noticed that the section backcolour formatting does not work for any sections on the screen that are displayed in 'tabs'  which, as I know, is indicated by the note on the section edit screen.  Will this be changed in the future, or is there some workaround for it?

thanks,

Rolf

• 02-14-2012 12:56 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Rolf,

The issue that you are experiencing is a known issue internally, but I don't have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved. I will update this forum post once I do have a resolution for you.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)