Method Community

Generating multiple PDFs from same screen for a single Email

Last post 01-30-2012 7:35 PM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2012 6:54 PM

Generating multiple PDFs from same screen for a single Email

Hi team,

I haven't gotten into the nitty-gritty of the action lists yet, I'd just like to make sure what I want to do is possible in Method before I get designing. I found a post from Paul (here) where he says:

"Attaching an PDF to an email is easy.  You would just use a Generate Report action, immediately followed by a Send Email action to send the PDF.  You can reverse engineer how Work Orders are emailed in Method Field Services to see how that happens."

The wording of this quote makes me nervous, because it implies that the email is created around that single PDF. What if I want to generate multiple PDF reports, and having them sent together in the same email.

Where does this come up, you ask? Well, as a drop-shipper, my company sends a packing slip with each purchase order to our vendors. When the vendor ships the order to our customer, they'll stick our packing slip in the box instead of their own, so it looks like it shipped from us. So I'd like a way to conveniently email them both the PO and the PS as separate PDFs, but attached to the same email. By the way, all the information used in the Purchase Order report and Packing Slip report is on the Purchase Order Screen, though from my understanding that isn't important.

• 01-30-2012 7:35 PM In reply to

Re: Generating multiple PDFs from same screen for a single Email

Answer

The send email action supports more than one PDF attachment.  So you're in good shape.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)