Method Community

Remove Documents Tab

Last post 02-02-2012 1:05 PM by Anonymous. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2012 10:19 AM

Remove Documents Tab

I'm trying to remove the "Documents" tab from the CRM tab group (as it appears this tab requires a 3rd party service).

But when I go to edit the CRM tab group there doesn't appear to be anyway to remove the Documents tab. It looks like I can only add tabs.  Can you please advise?

• 02-02-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

Re: Remove Documents Tab

Answer

pdirect:
    I'm trying to remove the "Documents" tab from the CRM tab group (as it appears this tab requires a 3rd party service).

pdirect - 

The new documents area does not require a third party service.  You can store documents directly inside your Method account by choosing "Upload to Method" in the upload window.  You can also reference links to stored documents on other web servers by using the "Link to and existing URL" option.  

The "Upload to SmartVault" is optional and is not enabled unless you choose to setup a SmartVault account or have an existing SmartVault account that you'd like to use.  

pdirect:
    But when I go to edit the CRM tab group there doesn't appear to be anyway to remove the Documents tab. It looks like I can only add tabs.  Can you please advise?

Can you try the following?

1. Click Customize > Tab Groups.
    2. Click Edit for the CRM tab group.
    3. Click Next.
    4. Click Remove for the Documents tab.
    Hopefully you'll decide to keep the new tabs and screens.  They are a great new feature.

• 02-02-2012 10:33 AM In reply to

Without research, I was never notified what the documents tab was, how it worked, what the storage limits were, etc. 

And I already did what you recommended, but nothing shows up to remove.  It only allows additions.  If I could send a screenshot, I would.

• 02-02-2012 10:34 AM In reply to

And integrated document management would have been much better than a separate documents tab.  There are already too many tabs.

• 02-02-2012 10:40 AM In reply to

A release note was actually made today on the Release Notes blog.  You can check it out here.  

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/releasenotes/archive/2012/02/02/method-crm-updates-january-27-february-1-2012.aspx

An official blog post will also be made next week once we complete the release of the revised Edit Lead and Edit Customer screens.  This will include more details about the Documents tab and the updated screens.  

The Document Library has always been in Method.  We actually released this back in March, 2010(http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/archive/2010/03/26/new-document-management-in-method-crm.aspx).  However now we've made enhancements to it, made it more accessible and added SmartVault integration.  Look out for the blog post early next week.

If you'd like me to look into deleting that tab, please enable Method Support and let me know once that is done.  I'll check it out.  

• 02-02-2012 10:41 AM In reply to

pdirect:

And integrated document management would have been much better than a separate documents tab.  There are already too many tabs.

Then hide the tab.  We'll be integrating this into many our screens. Our userbase has been requesting a Documents tab for over a year so although you may not find it useful, many users will.  Smile

• 02-02-2012 10:43 AM In reply to

Correction - we released the first version of this in March 2012...not March 2012.  

• 02-02-2012 10:53 AM In reply to

I wish I could hide the tab.  I believe the support user is already enabled.

• 02-02-2012 10:53 AM In reply to

And where can I find out what the storage limits are?

• 02-02-2012 11:03 AM In reply to

I'll create a ticket internally and get this looked into for you.

As for storage limits, you can check it out in the link below that details what Method CRM includes.  Currenly each account is allowed 250MB however this might increase in the future.  Keep an eye out on the blog release.  As a heads up, we haven't begun to charge to excess database usage yet.  Right now there is no easy way for you to monitor where your account storage level is at.  Once we have a better way to monitor this, we'll give you plenty of notice.  

http://www.methodintegration.com/web-app-for-quickbooks.aspx?app=Method+CRM+for+QB+Desktop&Sales-Force-CRM-for-QuickBooks.html

Danny Geeked

• 02-02-2012 12:34 PM In reply to

pdirect:

I wish I could hide the tab.  I believe the support user is already enabled.

pdirect - can you please try to delete the tab again from the tab group in your account?  This issue should be resolved now.

Danny 

• 02-02-2012 1:05 PM In reply to

For anyone else following along, I meant to say we released the first version of the document screens in March 2010 not March 2012.  Sorry about the confusion.  

Time to head for the espresso machine. Coffee

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)