Method Community

Minor button Issue with new version

Last post 02-03-2012 4:38 PM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2012 12:24 PM

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

Minor button Issue with new version

I'm having a very minor issue with how buttons render in this new version of method (I had only previously tested in chrome).  It appears as though if a button shows up below a grid, the outline/backcolor doesn't show up properly.  The functionality still works and this only appears to happen with IE.  Also, I'm using IE 8, so maybe that's the issue.

• 02-03-2012 12:39 PM In reply to

Re: Minor button Issue with new version

Hi csmp,

Is this also happening in Chrome and Firefox?

Ronen

• 02-03-2012 1:17 PM In reply to

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

Ronen,

It is not showing up in chrome, unfortunately I don't have FF installed, so I can't test at the moment.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 02-03-2012 1:28 PM In reply to

Hi csmp, 

Can you please send me a screenshot of how it looks in Chrome and IE? You can e-mail me at r.gaisiner@methodintegration.com. 

Ronen

• 02-03-2012 2:50 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi csmp, 

Thank you for sending me those two screenshots. The reason that the buttons are displayed differently in IE then in Chrome is because IE displays the HTML elements of the page differently then Chrome as define in the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) files of the page. 

The functionality of the buttons will always stay the same even thought the display seems different on the different browsers. 

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 02-03-2012 4:11 PM In reply to

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

Thanks for the update.  Do you know if this is an issue with all versions of IE?

• 02-03-2012 4:38 PM In reply to

Hi csmp, 

The buttons should look exactly like the Chrome edition if you are signing into Method in IE 9. If your computer however is running Windows XP, then the highest version of IE that you can download is IE 8. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)