Method Community

Error Log

Last post 02-17-2012 10:16 AM by Anonymous. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2012 6:33 PM

Error Log

Hi, I'm trying to figure out what is causing the following error log, but can't pinpoint it:

Expecting 'End Loop Through Grid'. 

Action order: 16

Oh-oh. Your actions didn’t pass Method’s latest and greatest logic validation. If this screen worked earlier and has now stopped working, we recommend your administrator adjusts the actions to resolve this issue. 

Let me know anyone's thoughts. 
  • 02-07-2012 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: Error Log

Hi cpitts, 

Is this happening on a customized screen or an original Method screen? To find out which screen this is happening on, can you please hover your mouse pointer over the tab link for the screen. 

Ronen

• 02-07-2012 1:42 PM In reply to

Thanks Ronen.

Yes it is off a customized page, however, there has been no development on any of our pages in 8 months, and this error has become recent (about since the new design of Method's front end actually)...

Is there any suggestions/thought on the isssue based on the above?

• 02-07-2012 2:55 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi cpitts, 

The reason that you are getting this error message is because in the screen that gave you that error message, some of your actions may be missing the "End Loop Through Grid" action. The reason you are getting this error message right now is because the latest version of Method verifies that actions are setup correctly in the screens and the validation is picking up this problem in the action set. On the screen that you are getting this error message on, you have to find the actions that start with "Start Loop Through Grid" and see if they have a missing "End Loop Through Grid" action. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 02-07-2012 3:42 PM In reply to

Ok.  I checked into that, but the Create Invoice screen didn't have a start loop through grid action in it...and I'm not knowledgeable about that back end.

Can you refresh me on how to make a Method default screen publish over the customized one currently live?

• 02-07-2012 4:58 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi cpitts,

In order to direct the Invoices tab link to the original invoice screen you need to do the following:

1. Go to Customize > Tabs
    2. For the Customers tab, click on Edit Tab Links...
    3. For the Invoices tab link name, make sure that the dropdown selection under the Opens Screen is "QuickBooks_Invoice"

I hope that helps. 

Ronen

• 02-07-2012 6:04 PM In reply to

Thanks.

So I was able to get my invoice and sales order tab to the default online templates, but the issue is still there now.  Going to the (online template version-) Sales Order screen, selecting one of our SO's, and clicking on Create Invoice. Once to the next window, I selected all my items and clicked Next.  And then this same error occurs...

Thoughts?

• 02-08-2012 8:39 AM In reply to

Hi cpitts, 

If you go to Customers > Sales Orders and you hover your mouse pointer over the Sales Orders tab link, can you please tell me what is written in the rectangle box that comes up? I just want to make sure that the "Create Invoice..." button is still working properly on the original screen. 

Ronen

• 02-08-2012 11:43 AM In reply to

Ronen,

The box states: "SalesOrder from TemplateOnline (#137)".

• 02-08-2012 2:12 PM In reply to

Hi cpitts, 

The original Method screen for the Sales Order screen is "QuickBooks_SalesOrder from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop (#380)". Once that tab link is pointing to that screen, try clicking on the "Create Invoice..." button one more time, and let me know if you are still experiencing that error message. 

I hope that helps. 

Ronen

• 02-08-2012 4:41 PM In reply to

Hi cpitts,

I wanted to give you an update on the error message that you were experiencing. The screen that you were looking at is part of Method CRM Full Blown which we unfortunately don't support anymore and won't update. The  QuickBooks_SalesOrder from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop (#380) screen that I had mentioned above is part of the new Method CRM and Method CRM Pro that we have available.

The error message that you had experienced was actually happening on the screen called SalesOrder_CreateInvoice which is also part of the Method CRM Full Blown Edition. 

My best advice is for you to either fix the screen yourself by either making a copy of it, finding the action that has the Start Loop Through Grid action that is missing the End Loop Through Grid action or update to the new Method CRMs that we currently have available.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen 

• 02-09-2012 11:19 AM In reply to

Switching to the new Method CRM, will I still have the ability to take a Sales Order to an Invoice with that "create invoice" action?

• 02-09-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

Hi cpitts,

You can certainly do that from the Sales Order screen in the new Method CRM. The functionality of the majority of the screens still remain the same with the additions of some new features. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 02-16-2012 12:30 PM In reply to

I am getting the same error message:

Expecting 'End Loop Through Grid'.

Action order: 16

Oh-oh. Your actions didn’t pass Method’s latest and greatest logic validation. If this screen worked earlier and has now stopped working, we recommend your administrator adjusts the actions to resolve this issue.

But when I hover over the Sales Order tab it says: SalesOrder from TemplateCRMEditionOnline (#165).

How can I get rid of this error and convert a sales order to an invoice?

• 02-17-2012 10:16 AM In reply to

Hi Katie G,

Which version of QuickBooks are you using? Is it the desktop version or the online version?

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)