Method Community

Web Form Error

Last post 02-10-2012 1:58 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2012 3:25 PM

• s.white
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2010
    • Central/Upstate NY
    • Posts 22

Web Form Error

I am getting the following error emailed to me with one of our webforms...  It has been working well for a few months, and while we have received a few error messages along the way, they have seemed to be related to database changes we have made.  This one I can't seem to pinpoint to any change:

Your client had encountered an error with web form SPP. This may be due to incorrect setup of the web form. The error encountered was: The URL from which web form was submitted is not within a selected referrer list. The URL from which user had submitted this web is "https://www.methodintegration.com/method/TimeZoneRouter.aspx

Any suggestions as to where to look would be great!

Thanks Smile

• 02-10-2012 1:58 PM In reply to

Re: Web Form Error

Answer

Hi s.white,

If you get an error "The URL from which web form was submitted is not within a selected refferer list." it usually means that someone downloaded your web form and tried to submit faulty values to your web form. 

In order for the web forms to be a bit more user friendly, we include the actual URL from which web form was submitted in the email that we send, therefore you will know for sure if the data was sent from valid source, or if the source is faulty.

In Step 1 of 9 of the web form setup, you have the option of entering the URL which will host the web form. You need to make sure that this is a valid host website. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)