Method Community

Custom Dashboard (Examples?)

Last post 02-13-2012 10:03 AM by Blake C. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2012 9:05 PM

Custom Dashboard (Examples?)

I'm looking at making a dashboard consisting of the common functions and views that different people in my company would typically need. Talking buttons, and lists of stuff from many different tables in Method...

For sales, I'm looking at creating sections for Estimates and Sales Orders with buttons/links to new Estimates and SOs along with lists of things that might need their attention. I've also created a couple custom data/screens for our company. There would be a section showing info for these areas, as well.

For office operations, there would be much greater oversight including Field Svc/WO scheduling and Invoicing.

I'm looking for a way to do a mashup of sorts with common functions and views of information from several different areas. I've developed screens like these for other companies in the past. What I'm looking for here are examples or suggestions for doing something similar in Method.

Thanks....

Blake C
  • 02-13-2012 9:59 AM In reply to

Re: Custom Dashboard (Examples?)

Answer

Hi Blake C,

The best way to achieve this goal is by creating a screen with links that would direct the users to different areas of Method CRM that they have access to and which is also important to their function in your company. 

For the example that you mentioned above, for the sales area of your organization, I would first add the Label object in the designer screen to organize the information that you would like the user to see on the screen. 

When you are editing the properties for this label object, be sure to click on Formatting (click to show) link within Step 1 of 2 of the properties. That will give you access to formatting attributes that you can add to the label.  

I would then add new a Button object to the screen. You need to then transform this button into a Link which will open up another screen by selecting the Advanced Options (click to show) link in Step 1 of 3 when editing the properties of the button object and putting in a check mark in the checkbox beside Show button as a link. In Step 2 of 3, you need to make sure that the Go To Tab Link action directs the user to the correct original or customized screen. 

I would finally add the Help/Note object which will appear as a link to the user and describe the functionalities of the areas that you are linking to so that the user will have helpful information at his/her disposal. 

When you are creating the information to be presented under the link, you have the option of choosing from several icons to represent the information: Help, Help(Blue), Note, and Note(Blue). For the example above, I would either choose Notes or Notes(blue)

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 02-13-2012 10:03 AM In reply to

Re: Custom Dashboard (Examples?)

Answer

Thx. That's what I planned on doing...just wondering if anyone had any other slick examples of something unique that I hadn't thought of.

Thx again!

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)