Method Community

Hiding Inactive Payment Methods

Last post 02-15-2012 9:24 AM by BungalowMatt. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2012 3:29 PM

Hiding Inactive Payment Methods

Hello all,

I recently set up the payment gateway so that we could process credit cards without leaving Method.

That seems to have gone well, but there is a small problem I need to resolve before I have my customer service team start using the gateway full-time.

Our set up has payment methods set up for Mastercard and Discover that are denoted by "MAST" and "DISC".  An import error (caused by a different software) created duplicate payment methods "mastercard" and "discover".  I set them as inactive so that they cannot be used in QB, but these two (mastercard & discover) appear in the payment method list along wtih MAST and DISC.

Is there a way to remove these erroneous payment methods (aside from deleting them from QB, as that is a no-go)?  If a customer service rep chose one of the wrong methods accidentally it would cause all kinds of problems.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Matt

• 02-10-2012 6:21 PM In reply to

Re: Hiding Inactive Payment Methods

Answer

Matt

I've just taken a look at the default receive payment screen and there are no filters set for the payment method.  So, regardless of you setting a payment method to inactive in QuickBooks it will still show on the receive payment screen. 

This is something that Method will likely address because the inactive payment methods should probably be filtered by default.  

In the meantime you can copy the default screen and edit the payment method field by adding a filter for IsActive equals Yes.  

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 02-13-2012 2:39 PM In reply to

Mark,

Thank you for the reply.   It occurs to me that the inactive payment methods should be hidden by default.  I wonder if Method would be willing to make this change.

-Matt

• 02-14-2012 5:03 PM In reply to

Hi Matt, 

Thank you for the suggestions. I am going to discuss this suggestion internally with the team but I am not sure when or if this feature will be implemented in Method.

Ronen 

• 02-15-2012 9:18 AM In reply to

Hi Matt, 

I just wanted to update you with the great news that the Payment Method dropdown list was updated to now only show active payment methods. 

Please review the Method CRM Updates - February 8 - February 15, 2012 here for more information on that update and our other great new updates we have made to Method. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 02-15-2012 9:24 AM In reply to

Answer

Ronen,

That is great news!  Thank you so much, this is a huge help in getting my team working solely in Method and out of Quickbooks.

Thanks again!

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)