Method Community

Lead List management best practice

Last post 02-14-2012 8:40 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2012 9:42 AM

Lead List management best practice

Leads Management :

I currently have all leads assigned to myself as a catch all, I want to be able to assign task and assign leads in batches to reps, how can Ibest do this.

I have many leads lists that I do not quickbooks to immediately recognize as customers until they place orders, these lists are planned to be distributed to sales people to call and determine if we can sell the account, once we get a quote in the system this is the time I would like QB to recognize the prospect.  How do I do this?

Lee
    CEO / President
    Marlin Imaging Supply
  • 02-14-2012 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Lead List management best practice

Answer

Hi Marling Imaging, 

The following steps will help you update the Sales Rep dropdown for the leads:

1. Go to Customize>Integration Tools

2. Click on the Go to Import/Export... link within the Import/Export section within the page

3. In Step 1:Import/Export 

a) Select Export a table to a file

b) Select the Customer table from the dropdown

c) In step 3, click the button Deselect All and then check the field RecordID. FullName, IsLeadStatusOnly, and SalesRep

d) In step 4, select the format of Comma-Separated Values

e) Click on the Export to File... button

4. In Step 1: Import/Export

a) Select Import into a table from a file

b) Select the Customer table from the dropdown

c) Click on the Choose File button and select the file that you just exported

d) Click on the Import Data… button

5. In the Import – Step 2: Prepare Data screen

a) Checkmark Update existing records by matching the key fields checkbox and make sure RecordID is checked off. 

b) In the section to select the columns to import, make sure that you select Do Not Import for the “FullName” field, Do Not Import for the IsLeadStatusOnly field, To Existing Field for the RecordID field, and To Existing Field for the SalesRep field

Click on the Import Data button

6. In the Import – Step 3: Validation screen

Click on the Begin Import button and then the Finish button. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)