Method Community

Recurring Events

Last post 02-16-2012 1:09 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2012 1:46 PM

Recurring Events

Hello,

We have 1,100 clients on an automatic service schedule.  I understand the ability to add recurring events.  However, we need them to automatically renew until they are no longer an active customer.  the key is automatically (either by check box or other method) because it will 1. t ake too long 2. could result in a cancellation due to human error if we missed it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Lee

• 02-16-2012 8:34 AM In reply to

Re: Recurring Events

Hi lvharris, 

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on getting a response to your post and will have one available shortly. 

Ronen

• 02-16-2012 8:40 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi lvharris,

When you create a new activity, there is a checkbox for Recurring which opens up the section for the activity to set the parameters for the scheduling of the recrring activities. There is a checkbox there for Is to be renewed. This will automatically renew their recurring events until they are no longer an active customer.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 02-16-2012 9:02 AM In reply to

Hi lvharris,

I just wanted to give you an update that I am looking into getting an update for the response by finding alternate ways of automatically renewing the activity.

I am going to get back to you shortly with a response once I have an update from the team on an alternate solution.

Ronen

• 02-16-2012 10:30 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi lvharris,

If you go to the Field Service Operations tab group, you can renew selected work orders. Work orders that are recurring have a start date and an end date. The renewal process calls upon the "Renew Recurrence" action which does the following:

A. Increases the Start Date by 1 year.
    B. Increases the End Date by 1 year.
    C. Generates all occurrences between the new Start Date and End Date.

The best way to use this feature is by doing the following:

1. In the Existing Work Orders section Tab under the Work Order List tab link, change the Filter By View: to "Work Orders to be Renewed".
    2. Check off each work order you would like to renew.
    3. Click on the Update Selected Work Orders... section Tab and click on the Renew Selected Work Orders button.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 02-16-2012 1:09 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Ivharris,

I also wanted to update you with some additional information for the post. I would do the following steps to modify the copy of the Activities List screen:

1. In Step 1 of 9 for the Activity Grid, make sure you select Checkbox column which will bring up the checkbox column which will allow you to select multiple rows at once.
    2. In Step 2 of 9, select Field and and from the dropdown select the ActualCompletedDate selection and click the Insert Column button. Repeat the following above steps by selecting the IsToBeRenewed, and ActualStartDate fields.
    3. In Step 3 of 9, you can create a new filter by clicking on the New/Edit button where in the new screen you will have to leave the selection for New View, give the view a new name, then click Save & Close
    4. Back in the original screen, at 2 of Step 3 of 9, select IsToBeRenewed from the dropdown and click Insert Filter...
    5. In the Grid Filter screen, in the Filter dropdown, select the option of "Equals Yes" because that checkmark for that activity which I mentioned in my initial response, is a flag that indicates that this recurring event needs to be renewed when the last recurring activity is reached.
    6. After you click Save & Close, you want to again select from the dropdown at 2 of Step 3 of 9 the selection ActualCompletedDate and click Insert Filter...
    7. In the Grid Filter screen, select the option of "Greater than" in the Filter dropdown, "Value From Screen" option in the Get value from dropdown, and in the Select value dropdown select Activity Grid:Actual Start Date.

Method won't allow you to automatically renew the recurring activity. You can though add a button to this copy of the screen with the action called Renew Recurrence.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)