Method Community

Adding Rep to Existing SO/Invoice/Etc

Last post 02-20-2012 8:50 AM by Method_Valbon. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2012 12:18 PM

Adding Rep to Existing SO/Invoice/Etc

Hi, in my older version of Method, I had the option of selecting Rep as a column that showed on the invoice and sales order screens, under Existing Sales Orders and Existing Invoices.  

All I see as options now are:
    RecordID 
    Select
    Invoice #
    Date
    Customer:Job
    Amount
    Balance

Do you know how I can add Rep to this list so when I'm looking at my list of existing sales orders or invoices, I immediately know the Rep assigned to it? 

• 02-16-2012 2:38 PM In reply to

Re: Adding Rep to Existing SO/Invoice/Etc

Hi cpitts, 

I wanted to let you know that I am in the process of compiling my response to your post and will have a response shortly. 

Ronen

• 02-17-2012 8:40 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi cpitts,

In the new screen for Method CRM Pro for the Invoices screen (QuickBooks_Invoice from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop (#374)), when you click on Edit on the InvoiceList grid, in Step 2 of 9: Grid Columns, when you select the dropdown for the Field selection, you need to choose the SalesRep field which will add the column to the grid.

You can do the exact same steps for the grids in the other transaction screens such as the Estimates screen (QuickBooks_Estimates from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop (#379)), and the Sales Order screen (QuickBooks_SalesOrder from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop (#380)),

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 02-17-2012 12:24 PM In reply to

Thanks Ronen.  I'm trying to find where to get to this 9 step procedure.  If I could get there, I think I could manage.  But I can't get to that point:

What I've tried-
    customize> Screens> Quickbooks_Invoice > ...then at this point, there's no edit option.  I clicked on copy, but there was nothing looking like what you mentioned. 

Let me know what you think.

• 02-17-2012 12:52 PM In reply to

Hi cpitts, 

Can you please enable the MethodSupport user on your account, and I will investigate further on my end. 

Ronen

• 02-17-2012 1:04 PM In reply to

It's enabled.  Thanks.

• 02-17-2012 1:53 PM In reply to

Hi cpitts, 

I wanted to give you the update that I was able to log in successfully into your account internally, and will update you once I have a resolutions to this issue. 

Ronen

• 02-17-2012 4:47 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi cpitts,

In the new Invoice, Estimates, and Sales Order screens that are now enabled on your account after the upgrade, we no longer have the checkbox for the Rep column available as an option to show on the respective existing transactions table. The dropdown thought for the Rep is still available for those screens.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 02-20-2012 8:50 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi cpitts,

Ronen's right, you'll have to edit the grid in order to add the field. If you make a copy of the Invoice screen (sounds like you had this part done) you can edit the grid and follow the wizard until you reach step 2 of 9. The grid is found under the Existing Invoices section displayed as InvoiceList. You'll be looking to add 'SalesRep' which you can display as 'Rep' if you like.

Hope this helps

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)