Method Community

Ampersand (&) Display Issue

Last post 03-03-2012 5:03 PM by Anonymous. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2012 3:12 PM

• Dave
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2011
    • Posts 11

Ampersand (&) Display Issue

I just started seeing this issue.  If I pull up a different order I see the regual "&" in the address field, however some coversion/formatting is now being done on the back end and I see the "&".  Older orders with the "&" are fine, it's only the new ones where I am seeing this issue. Can you provide any assistance (I'm seeing the same thing in Chrome and Firefox).

This is what I see in a new order:

1 D&H Avenue

What is what I see in an old order:

1 D&H Avenue

Thanks.
    Here's a copy/paste with some data removed so you can see what I'm seeing..

RecordID
    GoTo
    Item
    Description
    Ship ID
    Address
    City
    State
    Zip
    Qty
    Rate
    Amount
    Num Of Cases
    Shipping $/cs
    Delete
    GoTo

12916 1 D&H Avenue Riverside PA 17868 24.00
    Delete

• 02-17-2012 3:38 PM In reply to

Re: Ampersand (&) Display Issue

Hi Dave, 

Can you please tell me if this is happening on an original Method screen or a customized screen? You can find that out by hovering the mouse pointer over the tab link which this screen is attached to. The original screen would be formatted in this fashion:

(name of screen) from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop or TemplateOnlineCRMQBO.

Ronen

• 02-17-2012 4:08 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2011
    • Posts 11

It is a customized screen, but we haven't changed anything on that screen in months.

• 02-17-2012 4:48 PM In reply to

Hi Dave, 

Can I please get your company account so I can troubleshoot this issue further. 

Ronen

• 02-18-2012 6:56 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2011
    • Posts 11

(--company account name removed by moderator--)

Thanks Ronen.

• 02-21-2012 10:25 AM In reply to

Hi Dave, 

Can you please enable your MethodSupport username and provide the name of the customized screen that this is happening on so I can troubleshoot it further. 

Thanks,

Ronen 

• 02-21-2012 1:47 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2011
    • Posts 11

Done.

aaSalesOrder v56

Located under Order Center -> Edit Orders  pull up order 1077756 

I also left a voice message for paid support four days ago and have not gotten a call back.  If you could reach out to us we have a separate issue that needs attention.  You can call me at 877-919-4105 x260.

Thanks.

• 02-21-2012 4:42 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

I was able to duplicate the issue on my end, and created an internal ticket for this issue. I will update the forum post once I have an update from the team.

Ronen

• 02-22-2012 4:36 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

We have tried to duplicate this issue on our own accounts and on our own standard non-customized screens and could not duplicate it but we could see the issue on your account on your screen.

After looking further, this is a customized screen and it is displaying date from a field names "FakeShippingAddress". In this case, in the back end, the data is actually 1 D& H Avenue so the grid is displaying exactly as it should.

I have some questions for you:

1. How did this data got there?
    2. What is this custom "FakeShippingAddress field and who put it there?
    3. Do you have any other applications that use the Method API to input your data?
    4. How does data get inputted into this field?

What we need to do since it is a custom screen is for you to let me know how you customized your screen to get data into FakeShippingAddress, so that I can duplicate the steps on my own screen.

Ronen

• 02-27-2012 10:42 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2011
    • Posts 11

1) When the user selects a Ship-To address, the screen is populated with the address information from the ShippingAddresses table.

2) The field FakeShippingAddress was created by our Method Solutions developer and holds the same "Address 1" data as the ShippingAddresses table field "Address 1" field for the respective shipTo recordID.

3) I do have one I built but it hasn't been used in months.

4) When a user is adding a new line, they choose the shipping address.  That address info is populated on the screen 9and shows the ampersand correctly).  When they elect to add the line item to the order, the "Insert" fields into table function is used and those fields on the screen get put into the SalesOrderLine table.  

I'm wondering if the issue stems from the fact that the field being inserted into the table is being displayed on the screen and the HTML formatting is messing it up?

Thanks.

• 03-02-2012 3:43 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Dave,

I wasn't able to duplicated the issue on my account. The way I duplicated this issue was by adding the 1 D&H to a shipping table, and then I inserted the exact same data on the grid again through he "Insert Fields Into Table" action on a button in the screen. 

What I would do, is consider discussing this customization with the Method Solution developer that created that field for you.

Ronen

• 03-03-2012 5:03 PM In reply to

Hi Dave, 

I have an updated response to this post. When I logged into your account, I was able to see this issue on your customized screen. On my account, I was not able to duplicate this issue on an original Method screen and I was also not able to duplicate this issue on a test screen that I have created in which I have followed the steps that you have taken to add this data to the grid. 

What I would do, is consider disussing the customization of this screen with the Method Solution developer that created that field for you. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)