Method Community

Estimate Screen - New Line Item

Last post 02-23-2012 12:21 PM by John M. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2012 10:35 AM

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2012
    • Posts 1

Estimate Screen - New Line Item

Does anyone know if I can "choose" where to create a new line item on the estimate screen.  After creating an estimate with many items, we sometimes need to add something that is best placed in line with like items instead of just at the bottom of the estimate.  Also - Shipping and handling is usually the last item for us and adding something after shipping is not very professional looking.  Thanks,

• 02-23-2012 12:14 PM In reply to

Re: Estimate Screen - New Line Item

John

I believe that by default grids will sort by asending recordID.  As a result the estimate line rows are sorted in the order that they are input.  This behavoir can be modified by customizing the screen and changing the grid sort property. 

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 02-23-2012 12:21 PM In reply to

Re: Estimate Screen - New Line Item

Answer

John

I use to have the same issue. What I did was create a field in the activitiesjobitmes table called Phases.  I do landscape work so i want to group or as you would say choose where to create a new line item.  I would then put that new field in the itmes grid. When entering line itmes, i put a number or letter or what ever group i want that item to be.  I would then create a report with grouping in the details section.  

I see this is your frist post so i hope i did not overwhelm you. I dont work for Method but im a end user. There are some great consultants here that would be able to help you with your issues. 

John M

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)