Method Community

Calendar Formatting

Last post 10-10-2012 2:00 PM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2012 1:31 PM

• rlemoi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2012
    • Posts 4

Calendar Formatting

How do I reformat the calendar view so it only shows working hours, 8am to 8pm?

BOB

• 03-01-2012 4:15 PM In reply to

Re: Calendar Formatting

Answer

Hi rlemoi,

Here are the steps that you need to take in order to change the calendar view:

1. Go to Activities>Activity Calendar
    2. In the dropdown on the right hand side, select Day View

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-01-2012 4:44 PM In reply to

• rlemoi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2012
    • Posts 4

Sorry I was not more specific in my first post.  The activity calendar shows times from 12:01am until 12:00pm,  I want to only see 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. 

Your answer did provide a partial answer, as I only want to see Monday thru Friday but can live with work week.

Thank you

BOB

• 03-01-2012 5:10 PM In reply to

Hi rlemoi,

As an update to my original post, you can make a copy of the "CRM_ActivtyCalendar" screen by doing the following:

1. Go to Customize>Screen
    2. Click on the "CRM_ActivtyCalendar" screen and click on the Copy link. 
    3. In the Copy Screen Wizard that appears, in Step 1 of 3: Choose Screen, you need to select This Account and then click the Next button.
    4. In Step 2 of 3: Choose Screen, you can then give this screen a new name within the Save as: field.
    5. In Step 3 of 3: Tab Link, I recommend that you select the option of Add a Tab Link, and then select the Tab to add the screen to and the Tab Link caption for that specific tab. 

You can then edit the Calendar object on the screen by doing the following:

1. Click on the Edit link for that object which will open up the Calendar Wizard.
    2. In Step 1 of 8: Choose Calendar options, you can then select the Day start time for 8:00 AM and Day end time for 8:00 PM.
    3. You can then assign this to the Default View of Work Week and you can select Group By for Date.
    4. You can also place a checkmark beside the different days of the week but uncheck Sat and Sun.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-02-2012 12:39 PM In reply to

• rlemoi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2012
    • Posts 4

Answer

thank you for the quick response.  Your suggestion worked perfectly and I was able to make the desired adjustments in just minutes.

thanks again.

BOB

• 10-10-2012 12:10 PM In reply to

Additional question:

What happens with activities booked outside these hours? Are they not viewable?

For me, the ideal layout would be to slide the hours so that the first time shown is, say, 8AM, but with an ability to view scroll up and view earlier appointments if they exist.

So, if I set the day start time at 8AM, what happens with a meeting booked from 7AM to 7:30 AM. It wouldn't be visible, right?

• 10-10-2012 2:00 PM In reply to

Answer

MikeB:
    What happens with activities booked outside these hours? Are they not viewable?

Activities booked outside your calendar hours are still added to the system, they just won't be viewable unless you customize the calendar to change the viewable hours.

MikeB:
    So, if I set the day start time at 8AM, what happens with a meeting booked from 7AM to 7:30 AM. It wouldn't be visible, right?

Correct.  Here are the steps to adjust the hours:

1. Click Customize > Screens and look for your screen with the calendar you want to change (mine is FieldService_Calendar)
    2. Rollover the screen name and click Copy -
       - Step 1: copy from This Account

- Step 2: leave options as is unless you want to change the name of the screen
       - Step 3: select Replace links to an existing screen
    3. Find your newly copied screen, rollover the name and click Edit
    4. Click the little Edit button on the calendar object:
       - on step 1 you can adjust your calendar timing options
       - click Finish when done 
    5. Click Save & Close

~C
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)