Method Community

Assigned to filter on calendar screen

Last post 02-24-2014 8:57 AM by sgulick. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-05-2012 10:32 AM

Assigned to filter on calendar screen

Good morning

How do I assign to only see active techs on my calendar screen.  I have 20 techs but not all techs are active, I am sure I have to edit something.

Also Hide button on the calendar is not working, when I click Hide nothing happens.  This is not a custom screen

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

Jeet

• 03-05-2012 4:35 PM In reply to

Re: Assigned to filter on calendar screen

Hi jbadwal,

To make sure that the user is active, you want to go to Customize>Users, and click on the Edit link for a user. In Step 1 of 10: General Properties,  you need to make sure that you have a check in the checkbox for Login is Active.

In addition to that, in Step 4 of 10: Access to Tab Groups, you need to make sure that this user is assigned to the Tab Group of CRM.

In Step 5 of 10: Access to Roles you need to make sure that the users roles is the same as the role that is assigned to the tab of Activities and the tab link of Activity Calendar.

To verify those tab assignments, you need to go to Customize>Tabs and either select the Activities tab or when you click on the Edit Tab Links link for that activities tab, the tab link of Activity Calendar and that they are both assigned to this user.

If you go to Customize>Tab Groups and you select the tab group CRM, you also need to make sure that one of the tabs for this group is Activities.

In regards to the hide button, can you be more specific?

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-06-2012 7:13 AM In reply to

Ronen

I think you misunderstood me, I know how to make sure a user is active.  What I wanted to know how to make my calendar displays by defualt only active users.  In other words when I look at the calendar now it defualts to the user logged in.  I wanted to find out how I cal have all active users selected for assigned to field on the calendar.

Hide button is  on the right panel of the calendar screen (Not customized) and the button does not work.  Do I need to do something to make it work?

Thanks

Jeet

• 03-06-2012 9:43 AM In reply to

Hi Jeet,

Currently, when you first load the My Calendar screen in field services, by default you will only be shown the calendar activities for the users that are signed in to Method and not the other active users in Method. You can thought click on the Change link beside the Assigned To label to select the other active users in Method and display their acivity on the calendar simultaneously. 

The hide link in the customized screen is currently not functioning properly and I will create an internal ticket for the team and will update the forum post once I have an update. 

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-06-2012 1:57 PM In reply to

Ronen

Thanks, is there a way to have assigned techs pull up on the calendar by default?

• 03-07-2012 10:27 AM In reply to

Hi jbadwal,

Currently, we don't have a way to have assigned techs pull up on the calendar by default but only for the user signed in. I will create an internal ticket for this issue and will update this forum post once I have an update.

Ronen

• 02-24-2014 8:57 AM In reply to

Ronen,

I am also in need of this feature. I would like the option to have my Field Services Calendar set up to default to showing the schedule for my service crews as oposed to my calendar. 

Thanks,

Steve

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)