Method Community

Text field has very small clickable typing box

Last post 03-13-2012 6:29 PM by smohyee. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2012 1:22 PM

Text field has very small clickable typing box

You know how when you click on a field, an orange outline appears inside the field to indicate that the field is selected? For example, go into the Sales Order screen and click on one of the address lines, and you'll see an orange box outline appear along the inside of the entire field box. 

I've just created a screen with some fields, which are the length of most of the screen. The orange outline for these fields, however, are only showing up in the left 25% of the lenght of the field, and when I type text into the field, the text is limited to that orange outline box, not the size of the field itself (when my text reaches the right side of the orange box it starts scrolling within the box, even though there is plenty of room in the field box itself). Furthermore, I cannot just click anywhere on the field to make the cursor and orange box appear: I can only select the portion where the orange box appears.

This problem persists regardless of what I change the field character limits to in the table options. 

How can I make the orange outline (and therefore the selectable and type-able area) extend to the entire field?

• 03-07-2012 3:12 PM In reply to

Re: Text field has very small clickable typing box

Hi smohyee,

I have some questions to ask you:

1. What field type are you adding to the table?
    2. What is the size of that field?

Ronen

• 03-07-2012 3:44 PM In reply to

I've created a new screen for adding/editing Ship-To addresses (this is mimicking a feature that exists in Quickbooks but not Vanilla Method)

The fields are address fields, similar to ShipToAddressLine1, ShipToAddressLine2, etc that you would find in the Sales Order screen.

The physical field box takes up the entire row in a two column section, but I've edited all the sections on this screen to be at 50% width.

When I added these fields to my ShipAddressList table, they were text fields with the default max length of 255 characters, and I experienced this issue. I've changed the max length to 35 characters, which hasn't affected the issue.

• 03-13-2012 6:29 PM In reply to

Answer

Went back to this screen today... turns out deleting the offending object and reinserting them into the screen fixed the orange box issue.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)