Method Community

Am I able to Edit Grids within Mobile Screens?

Last post 03-12-2012 8:59 AM by Method_Paul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2012 2:05 PM

Am I able to Edit Grids within Mobile Screens?

Hi,

I'm new to the product and have been trying modify the mobile workorder screen (FieldServiceMOB_WorkOrders) so that I can easily enter fields on the road.  I cannot seem to get this to work ... Edit grid doesn't seem to do anything?  When I try this on non Mobile screens it appears to work fine ... is this by design?

Thanks for the help.

Wylie

ps. In case there is another way to approach this ... what I'm trying to do is:  Setup a Route List with a few attached fields that are very easy to edit.  For example ... I operate a trash collection business and we charge by the bag.  We have a number of stops and thus I have a lot of data that needs to be collected quickly and easily.  What I was hoping to do is establish a Route which shows the Customer & Address and then add XL, L, S & Misc. fields for collecting the bag counts....all we would do is add the quantity to the appropriate box at time of pickup (via tablet in the truck) and I could then turn the counts into an invoice later ... this would save us a bunch of time as we have to transfer from paper currently.

• 03-12-2012 8:32 AM In reply to

Re: Am I able to Edit Grids within Mobile Screens?

Hi wmousseau,

When you log into Method with the regular sign in, that is when you can make changes to a regular screen. You need to go to  Customize>Screens, and click on Copy for the  FieldServiceMOB_WorkOrders. 

In the wizard, make sure that you select This Account in Step 1 of 3: Choose Screen, the new name of the screen in Step 2 of 3: Choose Screen, and Add a Tab Link in Step 3 of 3: Tab Link.

In the designer for the new screen that you have created, you can then click on the Edit link for the Activity grid.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-12-2012 8:59 AM In reply to

Re: Am I able to Edit Grids within Mobile Screens?

Answer

@Wylie -

Really sorry for the confusion. It is *not* possible to make a grid editable for a mobile screen.

Grids on mobile screens are read-only. In the future this may change, but it was not a priority for us when we developed it - reason being, the screen real estate is so limited, that you can only really get two columns across at most, which typically wouldn't handle all the required fields needed for most grids.

Instead, the best thing to do is have a Select link in the grid, populate the fields below, and then a Save & New button.  For a mobile interface it gives you more flexibility and can be quite fast.

HTHs,

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)