Method Community

Error message when customer tries to pay via portal

Last post 05-07-2014 3:07 PM by Beth Heffernan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2012 4:05 PM

• rbsom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2012
    • Posts 18

Error message when customer tries to pay via portal

A customer receives this error when attempting to pay for an invoice through our portal: 

"E PAYMENT DID NOT PROCESS

ERROR Status code:2020 Severity:ERROR Description of Error:Session Authentication required "

Can someone help? 

Thanks,

Aaron Lietz

Rock Band School of Music 

• 03-09-2012 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: Error message when customer tries to pay via portal

Answer

Aaron - 

Please go through the steps here again:

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/archive/2011/02/09/intuit-payment-solutions-intuit-merchant-services.aspx

Make sure you choose "No" for step 12.

We've seen this before when someone initially goes through the steps and chooses Yes for step 12.  It works for a while, and then the authorization expires so it stops working.

Also, have you ever been able to get it to work?  Or was it working and then suddenly died for you?

HTHs,

Paul

• 03-13-2012 3:05 PM In reply to

• rbsom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2012
    • Posts 18

I went through those steps but it never gave me the option #12. It took me straight to the ticket code and "finish". 

Aaron 

p.s. - Yes, it has been working up until last week when multiple customers started telling us they could not pay online and received this error message. 

• 03-14-2012 9:00 AM In reply to

Aaron-

Did any of the steps match? Or is it completly different setup then what was listed in the blog post?

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 03-14-2012 3:35 PM In reply to

• rbsom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2012
    • Posts 18

The rest of the steps matched and looked the same. I am also having upper tech support at QB look at this too. But right now I feel stuck in the middle. 

Aaron

• 03-14-2012 4:05 PM In reply to

Don't you just love the tech finger pointing game! Trust me, we don't want you in the middle - but for security purposes, Intuit is going to require that they work with you directly on your account settings.  This is the first time we've seen this too, so we're short on answers and short on control.

Has this ever worked for you? i.e. have you ever been able to process a credit card using Method?  If not, I'm wondering if you have the right settings on your account. Specifically, you need that "Shopping Cart" feature on.

Paul

• 03-14-2012 10:59 PM In reply to

• rbsom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2012
    • Posts 18

Actually, I can process credit cards now. I have to use my Master admin account for Quickbooks but it works. It just doesn't work when I try to process (via the phone) customers' credit cards when logged in as one of my reps. As for our payment portal, it seemed to be working fine up until about a week or so ago (maybe a little more) when customers started emailing saying they couldn't pay online and they kept getting the error "2020: session authentication required" message. I have a phone meeting at 8am PST with Mark La Crews tomorrow morning. Were going to try and see if we can fix this. If not, we will be reporting back. 

Aaron Lietz
    Rock Band School of Music

• 03-15-2012 11:08 AM In reply to

We worked with Aaron and resolved this issue.  We deactivated existing payment gateways and created new gateways using new connection tickets with login security set to "no".

Information about this error can be found here:

https://ipp.developer.intuit.com/0085_QuickBooks_Windows_SDK/qbms/0060_Documentation/Error_Handling

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-07-2014 2:58 PM In reply to

Hi Paul,

I have been getting the exact same error message and I cannot get it to work again.  I have reset the process several times using your blog link in the email thread.   There also was not a step no. 12 when going through what Aaron when through.  Could I get some tech support on this?   This is my portal for my own company and it's driving me nuts as I get customers setup all the time.    

Thanks!

Beth

Business Owner Solutions and Services
  • 05-07-2014 3:07 PM In reply to

Paul,

I was able to fix the issue - I was connecting to an old connection with Method for the connection ticket in 2012.   I then did NOT use that connection and asked to setup a new connection at that point I got Number 12 and was able to hit NO.    Finally, thanks for the BLOG!    - Beth

Business Owner Solutions and Services
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)