Method Community

Remove Balance for customer contact logins?

Last post 03-15-2012 11:19 AM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2012 9:41 AM

Remove Balance for customer contact logins?

Hi there,

When I set up additional contacts for my customers to login to my portal and submit tickets/cases they all see the main customer account balance.  Is there any way I can disable this feature for certian and/or all users?

-Scott

• 03-15-2012 11:19 AM In reply to

Re: Remove Balance for customer contact logins?

Answer

Hi Scott,

Yes, you can customize the portal screens to further limit the contact. Since you know the individual contact who is signed in you should be able to determine if they are the main entity or an additonal Method contact.

One way to determine a contact vs entity is by adding actions on screen load:

1. Assign an action result using value from session >>>Portal- User Record ID.

This fetches record ID of the current portal user based on the portals table. In your case record ID of the contact since your portal is also built off the contacts table.

2. Use that User Record ID to retrieve value from contacts table looking for the field SpecialType.

This will return 1 of the following 3 results:

'Contact' - indicates they are the main contact / entity that syncs with QB
    'AltContact' - indicates they are the alternate contact of the entity that syncs with QB
    Empty - if it is not one of the above it should return nothing indicating they are a Method only contact.

3. Knowing this, continue to customize your portal screens to meet your needs.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)