Method Community

Help with disabling field "requirement" for tables when the option is grayed out

Last post 03-19-2012 5:01 PM by smohyee. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2012 6:15 PM

Help with disabling field "requirement" for tables when the option is grayed out

This is sort of a continuation of the issue I had with getting description-only lines into Method. I noticed that originally, there were two fields required for the various LineItem tables (excluding RecordID) - the Item, and the Rate. Since I brought up the issue of description-only lines, someone at Method helpfully "unrequired" the Item field for most of the LineItem tables (the PurchaseOrderLine table still has it as required though!).

If there's no way for me to do this myself, can I get you guys to also unrequire the Rate field in those tables? By the way, neither of these fields are required to add line items to Quickbooks forms, so it may behoove you to make that change universal.

Here are the tables and fields that I need "requirements" removed from (with beers for St Pattys day):

BeerEstimateLine table - Rate field

BeerSalesOrderLine table - Rate field

BeerInvoiceLine table - Rate field

BeerPurchaseOrderLine table - Item field, and Rate field

• 03-19-2012 4:57 PM In reply to

Re: Help with disabling field "requirement" for tables when the option is grayed out

Answer

@smohyee - We looked into it.  The need for those to be required no longer necessary - it was early on in the platform, but not anymore.

You should be good to go now.

Thanks for the beers,

Paul

• 03-19-2012 5:01 PM In reply to

Re: Help with disabling field "requirement" for tables when the option is grayed out

And thank you for the fix sir

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)