Method Community

API to run reports

Last post 03-26-2012 9:27 AM by Method_David. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2012 2:30 AM

• DaveS
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Boulder, Colorado
    • Posts 87

API to run reports

I am posting an API question below.  I couldn't find a Community posting site for API questions.  If there is one let me know.  Thanks.   
                  Dave

Within methods there is an option to create quickbooks reports then schedule it to run periodically. I am wondering if anyone has been able to use the methods API's to replicate this process. What I am trying to do is not have to manually create a quickbooks report but automate it so I can create and submit via the API. 

If such API does not currently exist, can Method create new API which lets users run Method QB Reports using API and not have to run each one manually.

Dave Sakamoto CPA, MBA
    Founder and CEO Info On The Web
    Dave.Sakamoto@InfoOnTheWeb.com
  • 03-19-2012 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: API to run reports

Hi Dave - I have moved this post to the API forums. A member of our team should respond here. Thanks.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-26-2012 9:27 AM In reply to

Re: API to run reports

Answer

Hi DaveS,

Currently there are no plans in place to add the ability to create new QB reports via the API.

To regenerate a report via the API, let's use the screen QuickBooks_Scheduled Reports as example. What happens when the regenerate report button is pressed? For the selected report the generated date is cleared. Then the next time a sync happens the report gets regenerated.

So using MethodAPIUpdate or MethodAPIUpdateV2, you can set the GeneratedDate field of the Report table to NULL for any report provided you have the report recordid. Then next sync the report will be regenerated

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)