Method Community

Deleting Imported Records

Last post 03-20-2012 8:40 AM by Method_Michael. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2012 11:39 AM

Deleting Imported Records

Just getting up to speed on Method and imported some records we want to remove.  What is the easiest way to clear all the customer info out of the Method database?

• 03-19-2012 12:36 PM In reply to

Re: Deleting Imported Records

Hi emiller,

Just curious, did you import these records using the Import tool? Or did they come in from QB during the sync? Also do you know what table are you dealing with?

Depending on the Method table involved this could be easy, difficult … or not possible at all. If the table is Method only data (a table that does not sync with QB) than you could:

1. delete the records manually
    2. customize a screen to loop through the table and delete all records in that table

If the table does sync with QB, it might still be possible but could have other consequences. I would make sure nothing unexpected happens if you delete some of the records directly in QB first.

Important: if you were using this to test Method by syncing it with a sample file and now want to change the QB file to a different QB file to sync with … you should cancel this account and sign up for a new Method account.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-19-2012 1:50 PM In reply to

Table I'm dealing with is the customer table.  I have the synch turned off so it's not trying to synch.  I was trying to import these as leads and messed up.  I saw there was the option to delete the customer table but was concerned this could mess something else up?

• 03-19-2012 3:11 PM In reply to

Answer

emiller,

You defiantly don't want to delete the customer table since this table syncs with QB. In-fact you probably won't' be able to even if you wanted to. You are more concerned with the customer records in the table not the actual table itself.

Ok…a couple of very important concepts when importing leads. You must be absolutely sure to use the 'IsLeadStatusOnly' field otherwise you will be in big trouble sending your leads as customers. If you did not use this field, you might still be ok as long as the sync didn't take place since your import. You can use the same Import tool to update the records to include that field.

I'm going to ask you read an earlier post that might help you when importing leads (click here). Give that a read and let me know if you have more questions. If you need more help you can always contact us to seek consulting services for assistance.

Hope this helps.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-19-2012 6:20 PM In reply to

Okay, I tried that but the IsLeadStatusOnly is not available when I select update checkbox?

• 03-20-2012 8:40 AM In reply to

emiller-

I was able to duplicate this. IsLeadStatusOnly is a special field that gets disabled once a customer is synced to QB. I will have to look into this further.

How many customers/leads did you import? If it wasn't that many it may just be easier to manually delete from in Method and re-import them with IsLeadStatusOnly set to true.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)