Method Community

Invoice "Site" column / Inventory Site List - where's the table?

Last post 05-15-2014 11:35 AM by n.hotler. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2012 4:20 PM

Invoice "Site" column / Inventory Site List - where's the table?

My QuickBooks Enterprise Version 12.0 has a column on the invoice page called "Site".  It's a drop-down with 5 settings in my (already well-used) database.  Those same five settings also appear under Lists | Inventory Site List.

But where's the corresponding Table in the MethodAPI Table List?  And where's the field in the Invoice table?

P.S.  it's awesome how everything else on the Invoice form has an obvious field or table.  This is the only one missing as far as I can tell.

• 03-21-2012 8:37 AM In reply to

Re: Invoice "Site" column / Inventory Site List - where's the table?

Answer

Bob, 

Are you by chance referring to using the advanced inventory features in QuickBooks 2012?  If so, these are not supported by Method at the current time.  In QuickBooks 2011, Intuit introduced the ability to have locations however they did not inform developers that the SDK was updated this past year to also support this functionality.  This means we will likely be able to grab this information and make it available in Method.

At the current time we do not have an ETA as to when we will add this capability but I can say it is not in our 8 month development plan.  

• 03-21-2012 8:38 AM In reply to

Bob - one last comment.  I'm not a developer however I am guessing this is why it is not showing in the Method API. Smile

• 03-21-2012 9:08 AM In reply to

Thanks for the speculation, Danny.

When I use MethodAPI to insert invoices, these items are showing up with "Unspecified Site" in the Site column in QuickBooks. 

It seems that I can remove that column by:

Edit | Preferences | Items & Inventory | Company Preferences | Advanced Inventory Settings

and unchecking the box

[ ] Multiple Inventory Sites is enabled

• 03-21-2012 12:02 PM In reply to

Bob - that makes sense.  When Method adds the invoice into QuickBooks through the normal user interface (or the API) there is currently no way to specify the site (or location) that it belongs to when the inventory site feature is turned on.

Turning it off is one solution but in a case where someone wants to take advantage of the advanced inventory feature and use Method, there will still be some holes in the invoices with no site (location) specified.  

• 05-16-2012 9:38 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2011
    • Posts 11

Is there at least a way to default the value instead of it showing as "unspecified site"?  This is a pretty big hole..

Thanks.

• 05-16-2012 12:35 PM In reply to

Dave:

Is there at least a way to default the value instead of it showing as "unspecified site"?  This is a pretty big hole..

@Dave - not at the current time.  This is what the QuickBooks SDK inserts for a record automatically if a location is not specified.  We currently do not support the use of advanced inventory features in QB 2011 and QB 2012.

• 10-26-2012 12:38 PM In reply to

Any updates regarding the support of inventory sites? For me, this will determine whether I can continue with the Method platform. Thanks in advance.

• 10-26-2012 2:50 PM In reply to

Hi alex.miller,

This has now been enabled in the quickbooks SDK. At this point in time we are expecting to have this implemented in December.

Dave

• 10-26-2012 3:06 PM In reply to

Thanks Dave. That's good news. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Alex

• 01-18-2013 3:57 PM In reply to

Hello,

Can you give me an update on this? Any news at all?

Thanks,

Alex

• 01-21-2013 10:08 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi alex.miller,

We have an internal project for tags that is currently taking longer than planned. We have had to push this back until the tags project is done. But once the tags project is done, this will be at the top of the list.

Dave

• 12-26-2013 9:36 AM In reply to

• MRemis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-23-2013
    • United States
    • Posts 2

Any progress on this?

M. Remis
  • 01-26-2014 7:34 PM In reply to

Has any progress been made on the advanced inventory feature in QBE?  We have been Method users for over 2 years patiently waiting for this feature.  We are coming to a cross roads where we will need to either stick with Method or go else where because of this feature.  Any update would be appreciated as the amount of work that we have put into Method has been tremendous.

• 01-26-2014 8:06 PM In reply to

Answer

We have a beta sync engine available that syncs with advanced inventory. Works with serial numbers, lot numbers and locations/sites.

But you need to contact tech support and request the "Beta MSI installation" for advanced inventory. It's been in beta for a few months now.  They should know what you are talking about - if not, refer to this post ;)

Paul

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >