Method Community

Estimates Screens

Last post 05-16-2012 1:48 PM by Anonymous. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2012 1:42 PM In reply to

Re: Estimates Screens

OK, so digging deeper, I notice that if I edit the CRM_Edit Customer tab, go to the Transactions section and edit the "New Transaction" button, the second screen shows the embedded actions.When I use the filter to see the "Sales Order" action, the coding says Go To Tab ink >> Go To Sales Orders. The Sales Orders screen does not exist in my list. If I edit that action and add a tab link to open the Customers >> Sales Order screen, it works. I'm just not sure why the wrong link was there in the first place, to a screen that wasn't there...

• 05-15-2012 4:08 PM In reply to

MikeB:
    The Sales Orders screen does not exist in my list.

By default the Sales Orders tab link should be part of Customers tab - if you were missing this then is was deleted at some point.  Add the Sales Orders screen back on your Customers tab links and the action set should work as intended.  Your tab link names are important here, if the action is looking for the "Sales Orders" tab link then you should have a tab link called "Sales Orders".

~C

• 05-16-2012 7:37 AM In reply to

When logging in as a user, I am accessing the customized screens, which include Customers and Sales Order (linked to customers). Everything works fine. For example, if the company name is ABC, then the screens called "ABC_EditCustomer" and "ABC_Invoice" work fine. The Invoice screen is actually what's used as the Sales Order tab.

My original question was: how do I incorporate/link Estimates to my user (ABC) interface and have the estimates populated in the transactions tab of each Customer screen?

So, I went to the Customize tab and looked around in copies of the CRM_Customer, CRM_EditCustomer and QuickBooks_Estimate screens to see how those links worked and how I could mimic those in my custom interface.

But things degenerated when I viewed the CRM_EditCustomer screen and none of the links worked. But I think none of them should have worked, right? Opening that screen only with no company linked to it shouldn't work, right? That is, when I open a sub-form like CRM_EditCustomer without going through the CRM_CustomerList screen first, I shouldn't expect a working sub-form, right?

Conversely, if I view the CRM_CustomerList screen and select a customer, I am taken directly  to my ABC_EditCustomer screen in the user interface. The CRM_EditCustomer screen is not opened up within the Customize tab. Does that make sense?

• 05-16-2012 9:22 AM In reply to

MikeB:
    My original question was: how do I incorporate/link Estimates to my user (ABC) interface and have the estimates populated in the transactions tab of each Customer screen?

The Transaction table has all the information you need here, the Txt Type field lets you know if its a Sales Order, Estimate, Invoice, etc.  If you want to incorporate estimates into a screen then you'll be looking at the Transactions table filtered on Txt Type.

MikeB:
    I viewed the CRM_EditCustomer screen and none of the links worked...

Which links?  If you're talking about the New Transactions > Invoices link then if you review the action on that button you'll see it calls a Go To Tab Link ... Customers > Invoices.  These links should not be broken by default on the stock screen.

MikeB:
    Opening that screen only with no company linked to it shouldn't work, right?

It should work, it'll just go to the tab link for under Customers to Invoice.

MikeB:
    ... when I open a sub-form like CRM_EditCustomer without going through the CRM_CustomerList screen first, I shouldn't expect a working sub-form, right?

If you open a screen like CRM_EditCustomer, without going through a Contact's Go To link from the CRM_CustomerList screen, then you should see a working screen minus any information for a customer (since you haven't selected one).  

MikeB:
    I am taken directly  to my ABC_EditCustomer screen in the user interface... Does this make sense?

Yes.  If you review the action on the Go To link in the grid on CRM_ContactList you'll see calls a Go To Tab Link action for the page Customers > Edit Customer.

~C

• 05-16-2012 10:30 AM In reply to

Method_Chad:

MikeB:

The Transaction table has all the information you need here, the Txt Type field lets you know if its a Sales Order, Estimate, Invoice, etc.  If you want to incorporate estimates into a screen then you'll be looking at the Transactions table filtered on Txt Type.

OK, I think I'm beginning to understand this. So, I chose Edit for a copy my ABC_EditCustomer screen, and the "New Transaction" button was hidden. After unhiding it I see the Go To... links to create new sales orders, estimates, etc. But none of these work. I have to add links to these actions, right?

So I edited the action called "Sales Order" and added the tab link Customers>>Sales Order, also choosing "Is a child screen of the current screen" (which I'm not sure is the right option, but that's a separate issue). Anyway, the links worked.

So my final question is: when I link to Customers>>Sales Order, I'm believe I'm accessing the ABC_Invoice screen. I don't see an ABC_Estimate screen available for me to link to, so I guess I have to make the QuickBooks_Estimate screen a part of my "Customers" tab group, and then it will work if I link to it, correct?

• 05-16-2012 1:48 PM In reply to

At this point we have gone as far as we can in this forum thread to address your issue using the free support options.  In order to keep assisting you with this issue, it will be necessary for a Method consultant to review your screen and actions and determine where your issue is.  This would be considered paid consulting.  If you're stuck on this issue then a consulting session might be helpful to get you up and running.  

Your original question about Estimates should be answered in this thread and we've confirmed that the original screens do work as intended.

~C

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2