Method Community

client needs to print estimates

Last post 07-17-2009 12:12 PM by pholcer. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2009 12:21 PM

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

client needs to print estimates

on the simple estimate report under the detail section where the item rate is located, the estimate report is printing out to five decimal places.

The data field is estimate line rate. It will not accept any changes to formatting. Regardless of how I format the field, it always prints to 5 decimal places. And the rate is incorrect compared to what is typed into Method.

Client is waiting to print invoices and deliver to their customers.

Thanks for any help you may have!!

Have tried this on both the client account and my template account with same results.  

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 07-15-2009 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: client needs to print estimates

Hey Phillip,

Are you customizing the Reports? I am testing it out on my account and it seems to load fine. If you have done some customization then you will need to change the field to display only 2 decimal points.

I have tried this out on 2 different accounts, both seem to work fine. Let me know if you have made any changes so I can look into this for you.

• 07-15-2009 5:44 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

Ryan,

Yes, I have customized the report. As I said in my original post, it will not accept any formatting. I have even removed the field and re-added it.

We have gone live with this client now and Method is not working on several fronts. We're fixing to lose them.

I have this post, another one regarding sales receipts and they have now called stating they are having problems with invoices. They are a retail store and cannot afford the downtime.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we don't have a stable product right now. I've seen it through some of my own testing and have received responses from you guys that indicate there is no problem but there are.

If someone wants to walk through this stuff on the phone with me or set up a goto meeting to see the problems we should be able to re-create some of them.

I know you're interested in finding out what's going on as I am. Method is an awesome idea but it needs tightened up.

I'm not trying to be harsh so please don't take it that way. I'm just being up front about this. I have a demo in the morning that I'm considering postponing if we can't get this client taken care of.

Phillip Holcer

Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 07-16-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

Hey Phillip, 

We’re going to get on top of this for you.  While it is true that, as you pointed out, we are unable to duplicate the problem in-house, we are dedicated to finding out the source of what your client is experiencing, and to getting a solution to you shortly. 

I will be in contact with you this morning, and we’ll work on this together.

• 07-16-2009 1:29 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

Ryan,

Thank you all for your work up there!! If I run into this again, I'll drop you the details. In the meantime, like we saw this morning it is working now.

I'll wait to hear from you on the sales receipt/invoice line item issue.

Thanks again!!

Phillip

Phillip Holcer

Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 07-17-2009 12:12 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

so far the sales receipt issue looks good. will test Monday onsite with client. Thanks much!!

Phillip Holcer

Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    (435) 553-4TAX

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)