Method Community

Screens on an iPad

Last post 10-17-2014 11:01 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2012 11:27 AM

Screens on an iPad

I have accessed Method using an iPad and everything seemed to work pretty well on the full site except for creating a New Activity. What happens there is the screen takes a long time to load and even when apparently loaded, the processing "circle" is still going at the top of the browser bar, and at the bottom of the new Activity page. When it eventually does stop, typing in the body of the activity description causes the cursor to jump around to the top of the page - so after each character typed the user now sees the top of the page. Scrolling down, the character was in fact typed, it's just that typing ends up being slow and difficult.

Anyway, is the full site supposed to be fully functional on an iPad? It would be great if yes. There are no typing issues when logging into the mobile site.

Thanks

• 05-22-2012 1:25 PM In reply to

Re: Screens on an iPad

Answer

MikeB:
    Anyway, is the full site supposed to be fully functional on an iPad?

Not usless you're browsing through the mobile login.  You'll also want to make sure you have optimized any pages you need to view on mobile.  That can be done by opening the page in the screen designer > clicking advanced near the screen name input and clicking the checkbox beside Optimize for mobile device.  Please also have look at our webinar on Method Mobile which goes into best practices when customizing mobile screens.

Introduction to Method Mobile

• 05-22-2012 3:48 PM In reply to

Yep, thanks. I was curious because almost all of the full site seemed to work really well.

• 05-22-2012 4:49 PM In reply to

When I tried using Method on my version 1) iPad I noticed that if you have tabs that go off the right hand edge of the iPad screen, there is no way to navigate to those tabs.  Same issue with other features - I believe there is no left-right scroll in a Safari window on an iPad.  If I'm wrong, I'd love to know!

-Mary Longacre
  • 05-22-2012 4:54 PM In reply to

The problem is iFrames, we use them but Safari mobile doesn't play nice with them.  Best bet for Method on any iDevice is to use the mobile login.

~C

• 05-23-2012 6:15 PM In reply to

My company was researching Method and it seems impressive.

A significant portion of our team uses iPads. I understand from searching the forums and what youre saying on this thread that the best solution is to use the mobile login. 

I assume this means that using other third party browsers besides Safari does not solve the issue in regular mode?

As a tangent on this thread, have you ruled out the possibility of a native ipad app? If not—I know it may be a question you cannot answer, but I can't resist—is there one in the works?

Quite simply, if there was a strong iPad app, I would use every ounce of leverage that I have to lobby for Method's adoption.  

Thank you for your time. 

Chris

• 05-24-2012 11:03 AM In reply to

Answer

There are more details on our Mobile site in this thread.

~C

• 10-13-2014 4:37 PM In reply to

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

That was a dead link. Could you please update?

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 10-17-2014 11:01 AM In reply to

Hello l.brandow,

Here is the updated Link for the above post. I hope this helps.

Have a great Day!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)