Method Community

Error Issue When Adding Contacts To Customer

Last post 07-24-2012 3:32 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2012 11:30 AM

• SWH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-23-2012
    • Posts 1

Error Issue When Adding Contacts To Customer

I am having an issue when adding a new contact to new or existing customer. I fill in all the appropriate fields but when I try to save the contact, it gives me this error "Full name is a required field and is currently blank. Please close and re-open this pop-up to load the contacts Full Name". I have tried everything possible, changing names, using just first and/or last, re-opened, re-logged, etc. I am not sure what is wrong or what I could be doing wrong. Sometimes in a few days it resolves itself and sometimes it does not. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to correct this. Thank you!

I have a screen shot of the error if I need to post it - thanks again!

Sheri

• 05-23-2012 4:32 PM In reply to

Re: Error Issue When Adding Contacts To Customer

SWH:
    I am having an issue when adding a new contact to new or existing customer.

Just a couple of questions, are you using a custom screen to add this contact?  How are you accessing the popup for the Add / Edit Contacts?  Are you able to duplicate this error using the stock screens?

~C

• 06-22-2012 11:33 AM In reply to

• MLDV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2012
    • Posts 4

I am having the same exact issue - I am not using a custom screen and I am accessing the Add/Edit Contact popup by opening my Lead, then going to Contacts and Add Contacts...

• 06-25-2012 8:25 AM In reply to

MLDV:
    I am having the same exact issue

To fix this issue you'll need to close the Add/Edit Contacts page and load it again.  This popup should say, Add / Edit Contacts For (your parent contact's name) - if you don't see your parent contacts name at the end then you'll need to close and re-open the popup.  The error message you get is a good thing, it prevents you from adding an orphaned contact.  Closing and reopening this popup will usually fix this error message but if the issue persists please post back.

~C 

• 06-25-2012 2:55 PM In reply to

• MLDV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2012
    • Posts 4

It is only happening for the Lead I am working on - I just tried it with other Leads and the Parent Company info is there.  When I open the pop-up for this particular Lead, the Parent Company displays for about a second and then disappears.

• 07-24-2012 3:32 PM In reply to

Answer

MLDV:
    When I open the pop-up for this particular Lead, the Parent Company displays for about a second and then disappears.

There was a bug identified here but it has since been fixed in the July release of Method.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)