Method Community

Setting up Method CRM

Last post 05-30-2012 8:27 AM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2012 3:35 PM

Setting up Method CRM

We are switching over from Zoho CRM which I have completely customized. I am having trouble figuring out how to work with the tables and fields in the customization. I have been trying to find a webinar or something that will give me help on this, but the only webinar I found was unable to be played on my Mac.

I will try to explain what Im trying to do and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I was trying to edit the dropdown box for LeadStatus. On Zoho, I have options like Initial, Contact & Qualify, Appointment, etc. I went to the customization area and tried editing the LeadStatus table and field, and it doesnt apply anything. I am having trouble figuring out what it is that I need to be doing to actually customize things.

• 05-29-2012 6:06 PM In reply to

Re: Setting up Method CRM

I'm not an Alocet employee, but as a fellow user I can give you some pointers:

The Tables screen in the Customize tab shows you a list of tables, and if you edit those tables you can view/add fields. However, you cannot add or edit records for the table from that screen. 

(This applies to you because you presumably want to add more options to the LeadStatus dropdown.) 

Lets say you want to add more records to a simple dropdown table like the LeadStatus table. This table has only one field, the LeadStatus field. The easiest way to do this is to create a simple screen for the sole purpose of adding records:

1. Go to the Screens screen in the Customize tab, and enter your new screen name and click continue.

2. Follow the steps, choosing a tab to display your screen in, etc. At some point it will ask you to choose a table to base your new screen off of. Choose the LeadStatus table.

3. Now you can edit your new screen. Add a grid object (this object provides a convenient spreadsheet-like visual used to access data in your tables), then edit that grid object.

4. In the edit grid options, set it to be based on the LeadStatus table. One of the editing screens is for inserting fields from the table that you want displayed as columns in the grid. Since there is only one field in the table, add the LeadStatus field as a column. (You may also notice the RecordID field, which is one that all tables have by default and is the uneditable and unique key for the records in the table; it's not necessary here).

Other options you'll want to enable when editing the grid is to allow yourself to both edit and add entries within the grid. 

5. Save and publish your new screen. Now when you go to the screen in Method, you should see a grid that lists all the records from the LeadStatus table, and it should also let you edit the existing records or add new ones, like "Initial", "Contact & Qualify", etc. (Note: deleting records from the table involves a couple more steps and using some Method Actions, so I'll hold off until you need that)

• 05-30-2012 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: Setting up Method CRM

Answer

Just a quick correction to smohyee's post - you cannot edit the LeadStatus table. 

AshleyC:
    I was trying to edit the dropdown box for LeadStatus.

This is a special table in Method and can't be modified.  This table gets automatically updated for things like turning a user from a lead into a customer.  The sync engine automatically marks this table as qualified.

AshleyC:
    I have options like Initial, Contact & Qualify, Appointment, etc.

Have you had a look at the Opportunities area?  Maybe explain a little what you're trying to do and we can point you in the right direction.  I think utilizing Opportunities and stages is where you want to look at customizing.  Please let us know if we can help further.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)